HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Will you like Vampire Diaries Caroline's Daylight Lapis ring
Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 am by aoshi

» Gilbert love: Elena and Jeremy
Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:54 am by heartisreeling

» FanFictions
Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:38 pm by Riana Salvatore

» Season 5 interview with Caroline Dries
Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:40 am by aoshi

» Vote for The Vampire Diaries at TWOP's Tubey Awards!
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:09 pm by OneSweetVamp

» Paul wesley(Stefan) and Torrey Devitto(Meredith fell) decide to split
Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 pm by aoshi

» Episode 4x23 [Graduation]
Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 pm by CEllington

» Chat Thread
Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:16 pm by aoshi

» Teen Wolf!
Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:19 pm by roar33

Spotlight On:
Photobucket Jeanet Kristensen Born and rasied in Denmark, Aarhus. Started drawing in kindergarden, Education in Multimedia Design Interests Captian American TVD Personal Website Deviantart Page

Share | 
 

 Bonnie and Damon

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
YumYumOnigiri
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 266
Join date : 2012-09-19
Location : The World
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Bonnie and Damon   Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Discuss Bamon here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mystic-grill.forumotion.com

AuthorMessage
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:41 am

On the DE forum there was lots saying it was just fanservice, or it was random when they hugged and forced. I don't get how it was forced though, because he was genuinely worried about her and even said he could hug her right now. I thought it was a sweet moment, and she even hugged him back. Wasn't it Damon who initiated the hug anyway?

A lot of DE fans laughed that there are Bamon fans for the show, because it's the only relationship form the books that hasn't happened at all. And some still think they won't happen, but I think they will. I actually would like to see how Bamon could be in the show.

And like you said, a lot of people who laughed that bamon would never happen went from they won't happen to they won't be endgame, lol. But either way I win lol, since I ship both DE and Bamon. So if either comes out on top then I still win lol. A lot of people are also under the assumption that Bamon fans only ship them because of the books. I honestly never read the books before I got into the show. Hell, I didn't even know there was books before I saw them online, so that wasn't the reason I ship them. I remember me and Kray talked about this awhile back, and even she said she doens't ship Bamon because of the books. If I remember correctly she said she didn't know about the books either. I only read them after the frst season of TVD was over, and I had already liked Damon and Bonnie's chemistry and dynamic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:20 am

Yea, I saw that about fanservice as well. But, I disagree, we went an entire season almost last season with no Bamon interaction, not until the end of the season. Where was our fan service then? Then this season, a lot Bamon hopes were crushed after the shoulder bump in 4x04, and him calling Bonnie useless, and even him saying he didn't give a crap about her in 4x13. A lot of Bamon fans felt like the writers were trying to turn us off of Bamon by having Damon be more rude than usual to her. So where was the fanservice then? And if the hug was such fanservice and throwing us a bone, why add the line about him loving her? Why have him overly concerned in 4x15 and then even in 4x17 when he was ready to come home when Stefan mentioned Shane manipulating her. I hate when people always call everything fanservice when a ship/couple gets something good. Like, why can't it just be a part of the story. Everything isn't fan service because if that was the case Bamon would have happened or had more moments a long time ago, especially since Bamon fans were rather quiet early in this season.

I still remember this interview Julie Plec did and the interviewer asked her about Bamon and JP said that Bamon didn't happen until book 5. Even though in reality that is not true. Some people take that as if she plans to do Bamon in season 5. Which I can totally see happening.

And yes, I did say I did not ship Bamon because of the books. Didn't even know the books existed when I first watched the show. I didn't even ship Bamon initially, I hated Damon most of season 1, wasn't until the end of season 1 that I started shipping them. Most Bamon fans that I have seen don't even ship book Bamon and don't care much about them.

Most Bamon fans that I have seen, ship Bamon because they think that Bonnie brings out a different side in Damon. She makes him thinks about his actions. And that Damon brings out something else in Bonnie because he believes in her.

I know some still don't believe and that's fine. But every week there are new people shipping Bamon, even DE fans. I'm not saying that Bamon will be endgame but I really believe they will happen in some form.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:04 pm

lol I remember the shoulder bump he gave Bonnie in 4x04. Because lots of people was calling him a bitch for shoulder bumping a little girl or whatever. The comments on that scene on youtube was hilarious to me. They made it seem like it really hurted her and she was holding her shoulder crying, because Big, bad, Damon bumped her too hard, Lmao. That's what I don't get as well, why have all that stuff if it's just fanservice? They could have stopped at him staying on the island looking for her, or the hug, but they didn't. I don't think it was fanservice either.

I loved Bamon in season one, because of her not taking his crap and giving him the witchy migraines. Like in season two when Damon was mouthing off to her, and she gave him a witchy migraine and walked away, and Damon stared after her with a look of disdain. lol, those scenes was hilarious and why I ship Bamon, because she doesn't take his crap and doesn't let him get away with it. I hadn't even known the books existed until s2 anyway, when I was watching episodes on the cw website and saw stuff about the books. Or when he walks up to Bonnie and antagonizes her on purpose by mentioning Caroline, because he knew he would get a rise out of her. THose was hilarious.

I believe they will happen too. And I did hear about JP saying that Bamon didn't happen until book 5, and I remember thinking wtf? But I do think some stuff will happen or Bamon will happen next season, and I can't wait to see how it all plays out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 am

Yea, I didn't get why people were so bent out of shape about the shoulder bump, it was rude but not that serious how some people were making it seem.

I loved Bamon interaction in seaon 1, but I didn't ship them romantically until towards the end of it. I didn't like Damon most of season 1, so I didn't ship him with anyone at first. I don't see how you can ship a couple if you don't like or hate half of the ship. So i started warming up to Damon at the end of season 1, and didn't love him until second season when I started heavily shipping Bamon. Mind you, I watched from season 1 until season 3 episode 18 in like 4 days this time last year. So, my feelings was all over the place

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:48 am

LOL you should have seen the comments on youtube. People seriously called Damon a bitch for bumping Bonnie's shoulder, because she's a little girl. It wasn't exactly said like that but it was the gist of it. I was just laughing and scrolling down. It was hilarious. From the way they was going on I thought he really hurt Bonnie, and she cried or something. lol this fandom.

Well I shipped them together because of that, and their banter and animosity towards each other. It's really hilarious when Damon antagonize Bonnie and she retaliates or they banter and argue. I don't get the whole hate one half of ship/love the other either. Why ship your fave character with a character you hate? wtf? Doesn't make sense to me at all. I love both sides of any ship that I love/ship together.

I watched the first episode of s1 and stopped, because it reminded me of twilight but a poor man's twilight made for tv. I thought Stefan and Elena was cute together but didn't want to watch the whole high school romance human/vamp stuff, and only Damon at the end interested me. I only watched the first episode and forgot about it. Then I was on the cw website and watched the latest episode, which was the episode Liz finds out about Caroline, Damon, and Stefan, and Damon not killing Liz because they are friends, even though she tried to kill him made me like Damon more. So then I went back and watched from s1 up to the then current season, which was s2, and I've been watching since.

At first I did like Stefan and SE but didn't ship them, but I only watched for Damon because he's badass. Then in that one episode where Damon asks Anna why she gets a happy ending and he doesn't, I loved him even more and wanted him to get his happy ending. Then 1x11 I started shipping DE together and watching for Damon/DE. But I did also enjoy the sl's and other characters more during the first two seasons. So yeah, I only kept watching for Damon because the SE stuff in high school wasn't going to hold my attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:44 am

LOL, oh can imagine if it was anything like how they were on tumblr, Rolling Eyes

I didn't not ship them because of their banter, I didn't ship them at first because I didn't like Damon. And for me their banter wasn't good until mid-end of the season. I didn't like their scenes when she was scared and timid because of Damon, wasn't until she started standing up to him that I thought Hmmm. And then the thank you scene put Damon in a different light for me at the end of season 1.

When did you start hating Stefan?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 pm

You're talking about that scene where he tries to scare her into giving up the necklace thingy? I didn't get that honestly. Why not just give it to him? It was haunting her and making her afraid to go to sleep, so I would think she'd be glad to get it off her hands. I liked the scenes you're talking about the most though. like in s2, when she's asking him about something and he's being all snarky and sarcastic about it and joking around, and she gives him a witchy migraine. Now that was hilarious. Or in s1, when she says he tried to kill her and he says, but I didn't and I could have, doesn't that count for something? It wasn't exactly that word for word but it was hilarious.

It was only a long period watching the seasons. In s1 I liked him and thought him and Elena was cute together. Then him being all judgy and morally superior turned me off the character. And stuff like the tomb, where he was going to let them trap Damon down in there, and made no move to try to persuade them to rethink it. Or when Elena was all like, Damon really thinks what's he doing is for love, and Stefan starts in on his speeches and whatnot. I get that Damon was being a remorseless, murderous, dick but he still came to Stefan's rescue even though he hated him in s1 because of the Katherine stuff. And Stefan was just going to let him rot in the tomb, he didn't even try to protest on his brother's behalf. After all this stuff it just started increasing more and more.
Like how he came to Damon for help, but started out talking about how evil Damon is, and other stuff I can't remember, then tries to get him to help him. And how he badmouths and talks Damon down to people, even though Damon doesn't badmouth Stefan at all. And how he believes in this stupid good brother.bad brother stuff and doesn't know his brother at all. And how in s3 he said that Damon was going to let Klaus kill him, just so Damon could have Elena to herself. Like seriousy, wtf. Or how he still thinks his brother is selfish and evil, when Damon is just as capable of doing good as Stefan is. Damon just chooses to be the bad guy is all. And of course Damon can be selfish, but he can be selfless when he wants as well. PLus I hate morally superior vampires on tv shows whose all judgy and looks down on people, so that's a big part of it too.

So yup, that's why I hate Stefan. It's not because DE fans are a cult and everyone who loves DE automatically has to hate Stefan. I don't know about the others on the DE forum, but I actually have legit reasons for hating his guts, just like I have legit reasons for hating Klaus. I think you know why I hate KLaus though, since we talked about it before, I think. I also hate SE but for different reasons than me hating Stefan. Stefan is a part of the reason I hate the ship, but it's not the biggest. So that's why I ahte him. I used to like him in s1 though, but as the other seasons progressed I have liked him less and less, and now it's turned to hate more or less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deathly_smirk
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2012-10-20
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:19 am

KrayBaby wrote:
Noo, don't give up on Bamon! Have you not been watching the past few episodes? It's been high indications that something will happen with these two. At first I had given up a bit but after this second half of the season, it's becoming more likely.

Smile I tried so hard not to..but tbqh, I am not all that excited about the way any part of the show has been written since s2. It is hard I will be honest to continue to be excited about a show that continually retcons AND cuts out Bamon for a WHOLE season. It is frustrating and frankly it is annoying to the point where I just do not care anymore (not meaning the ship just main plotlines). I am not happy at all at the context in which Bamon will happen - it is obvious as you guys said that it will, but the main plot is just so you know kinda been done before? Bamon maybe an original ship but the show content is not all that fresh, so it is pretty disheartening. Bright side? I will continue to watch out for those Bamon moments.


KrayBaby wrote:
Yea, I saw that about fanservice as well. But, I disagree, we went an entire season almost last season with no Bamon interaction, not until the end of the season. Where was our fan service then? Then this season, a lot Bamon hopes were crushed after the shoulder bump in 4x04, and him calling Bonnie useless, and even him saying he didn't give a crap about her in 4x13. A lot of Bamon fans felt like the writers were trying to turn us off of Bamon by having Damon be more rude than usual to her. So where was the fanservice then? And if the hug was such fanservice and throwing us a bone, why add the line about him loving her? Why have him overly concerned in 4x15 and then even in 4x17 when he was ready to come home when Stefan mentioned Shane manipulating her. I hate when people always call everything fanservice when a ship/couple gets something good. Like, why can't it just be a part of the story. Everything isn't fan service because if that was the case Bamon would have happened or had more moments a long time ago, especially since Bamon fans were rather quiet early in this season.

I still remember this interview Julie Plec did and the interviewer asked her about Bamon and JP said that Bamon didn't happen until book 5. Even though in reality that is not true. Some people take that as if she plans to do Bamon in season 5. Which I can totally see happening.

And yes, I did say I did not ship Bamon because of the books. Didn't even know the books existed when I first watched the show. I didn't even ship Bamon initially, I hated Damon most of season 1, wasn't until the end of season 1 that I started shipping them. Most Bamon fans that I have seen don't even ship book Bamon and don't care much about them.

Most Bamon fans that I have seen, ship Bamon because they think that Bonnie brings out a different side in Damon. She makes him thinks about his actions. And that Damon brings out something else in Bonnie because he believes in her.

I know some still don't believe and that's fine. But every week there are new people shipping Bamon, even DE fans. I'm not saying that Bamon will be endgame but I really believe they will happen in some form.

The hug and the moments were NEVER fanservice. For many ppl it seemed to come outta the blue because let us be honest, how many scenes had they had outside of Elena's needs alone? Yep..just about none. Even know, you could take Damon's words for the fact he did it for Elena on some level but he didn't risk a run-in with Silas purely based on the fact that she was a witch and Elena bff - to a semi-self-preserving creature like Damon there has to be more involved. If however, she was JUST an associate he would have perhaps discarded her a while back or not given a crap like with Caroline.

Personally, Idk what Julie Plec has been smoking either that or she hasn't bothered to watch/read the scripts (or even the books for that matter) but Bamon BEGAN in s1. It was offered up by the writers as a parallel to his scenes/relationship with Elena and Caroline respectively. Damon revealed to Stefan that he had arrived in MF to well make his life "hell" in the pilot but by the Halloween episode it was waaaaaayyyy obvious that Damon knew more about the Bennetts and esp. Bonnie that he was letting on. By the end of s1, we find out about Damon's little pact with Emily to become Bennetts' guardian for his own end. Damon may or may not have be weak at maths but he certainly knew when he watched the line that Bonnie was the youngest and probably would come into her powers around the comet time. So all in all, whether you put on a romantic spin on it or not, they were bound to each other by history, destiny etc etc.

And Bamon in the books..are a different ship entirely Razz

_________________

*Avi & Sig by moi ~deathly_smirk~*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deathly_smirk
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2012-10-20
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 am

SnatchEatErase wrote:
You're talking about that scene where he tries to scare her into giving up the necklace thingy? I didn't get that honestly. Why not just give it to him? It was haunting her and making her afraid to go to sleep, so I would think she'd be glad to get it off her hands. I liked the scenes you're talking about the most though. like in s2, when she's asking him about something and he's being all snarky and sarcastic about it and joking around, and she gives him a witchy migraine. Now that was hilarious. Or in s1, when she says he tried to kill her and he says, but I didn't and I could have, doesn't that count for something? It wasn't exactly that word for word but it was hilarious.

I always thought it was cz of her amazing sense of morals she didn't give the amulet away and cz her Grams told her to keep it. After all she was getting 'bad vibes' from both of the Salvatores. After the way Damon treated Caroline I don't think Bonnie would trust Damon with her used trainers Laughing

_________________

*Avi & Sig by moi ~deathly_smirk~*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Josh, she really had no reason to trust and believe Damon. Caroline gave her the necklace. And her Grams told her it belonged to her family anyway, and told her to keep it.

Deathlysmirk- As much as i want Bamon, I'm so nervous about it because I feel like the writers will just screw it up and won't do them any justice. I do believe Elena will choose Damon this time around and next season Bamon will grow closer. I really want them to grow into a close and trusting friendship more than anything before Bamon really happens.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deathly_smirk
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2012-10-20
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:46 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
Josh, she really had no reason to trust and believe Damon. Caroline gave her the necklace. And her Grams told her it belonged to her family anyway, and told her to keep it.

Deathlysmirk- As much as i want Bamon, I'm so nervous about it because I feel like the writers will just screw it up and won't do them any justice. I do believe Elena will choose Damon this time around and next season Bamon will grow closer. I really want them to grow into a close and trusting friendship more than anything before Bamon really happens.

That is one of the reasons I am ok with them not happening romantically on the show. A friendship would be fab. But I do believe that the writers have wrote themselves into a corner with the triangle kinda spurting out of every pore of the show Rolling Eyes

_________________

*Avi & Sig by moi ~deathly_smirk~*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:07 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
Josh, she really had no reason to trust and believe Damon. Caroline gave her the necklace. And her Grams told her it belonged to her family anyway, and told her to keep it.

Yeah, but she eventually got rid of it and threw it in a field. Either giving it to Damon or throwing it in the field would have yielded the same results right? But I get what you're saying about her not trusting him. I actually don't get the Emily thing at all. The guy took time out of his life to uphold his end of the deal, but you reneg when it's time to pay up? Like come on, you can't tell me she couldn't have still opened the tomb and figured out another way to keep the other vamps in there? If it wasn't for Damon's bloodbag he threw at the wall, they wouldn't even have gotten out. I'm sure they was too dessicated to get out of the tomb on their own. PLus Stefan and the others came up with the idea to burn the others, and only get Kat out. So why couldn't Emily just give him what he wanted?

It's not like he actually had to adhere to their deal, but he did. He protected the Bennett line and kept the safe, because he never goes back on his word. Thought that was really shitty of Emily.

deathly_smirk wrote:
I am not all that excited about the way any part of the show has been written since s2.

I feel the same way. I haven't liked the writing since s2 either. I actually liked the first half of s3, but then the second half completely went to shit. IMO I think it's because KW left. Him and JP balanced each other out, and with him gone JP's writing isn't that good. I mean, she's great at writing individual episodes but writing the overall plot points of the show and being the showrunner? I think she sucks at that. I think she makes it too soapy, and if I wanted to watch soaps I would. She even said that's where she got her writing style form or whatever. I just think KW and JP balanced each other out, and the show overall was balanced with angst, light moments, happiness, etc, then it is now. JMO though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:29 am

Why would she give it to Damon though? In Haunted is when she first got the necklace that Caroline gave to her and that her grandmother told her belonged to Emily and told her to keep it and never take it off and then when she sees Damon later in the episode she tells him that she will give it back to Caroline and if Caroline wants to give it to him she will. The he forcefully tries to snatch it off her neck, only being stopped because it burned him or whatever and she ran off, scared. The next episode after stalking her some more he came up to her and got up in her personal space, yet scaring her and making her feel threatened once again. She knew at that point that whatever he wanted with the necklace wasn't anything good. So, instead she tries to get rid of it altogether and throw it in the field that same episode. It wouldn't have yielded the same results because Emily wouldn't have had gotten the opportunity to possess Bonnie and destroy the necklace if Damon had it.

And I agree about Emily, she was crazy. I didn't understand that at all either. She didn't want the tomb vamps to get out but couldn't she have told Damon when she possessed Bonnie that Kat wasn't in the tomb anyway? That could have probably saved Bonnie the trauma of getting nearly mauled to death by Damon.

Season 2 is my favorite season, then season 1, then season 4, I didn't care much for season 3 at all. I really didn't like the first half of it because Bonnie was barely in it. She being my favorite character, it left a bitter taste in my mouth.


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:20 pm

I was more talking about Bonnie and getting rid of the necklace. After she started having nightmares she wanted to get rid of it right? Wouldn't giving it to Damon have gotten rid of it as well?

Maybe that's why? Because she knew Kat wasn't in the tomb so she used him to keep the Bennett line safe, then reneged when it was time for her part of the deal because, how could she honor it when Kat wasn't in there anyway?

My all time fave season is season 1, followed by season 2, then season 4. The first half of s3 comes in last because I hated the season overall, because of how they kept Klaus alive and the other sl's suffered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamonbaby
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-09-21
Team : Bonnie/GoodStorytelling

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:43 pm

I always put it down to messy writing as season 1 was written before ghost became a thing and dead being all knowing and stuff in late season 2 (I get season 2 is many folkd favorites but to me this when the show started rewriting its mythology alot that would go into overdrive in season 3). Emily's characterization is all over the place because Katherine sold her out and got her killed, so it never made sense why she wouldn't say anything about Katherine (unless she may have been bitchy because other than saving her kids I really don't think Damon protected Bennetts like he should cause if so Sheila should have known him already). I don't know Emily's appearance in season 1 got ruined with making ghosts being all knowing and other side apparently being peeping toms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:35 am

Maybe she did know him but didn't say anything? She didn't actually reveal she knew Stefan until he brought it up. Wasn't saving her kids saving the Bennett line and protecting them? I was actually hoping they would expand on the stuff with Damon and the Bennetts, but this show loves to just put the triangle above everything else now, so I lost hope after it wasn't brought up anymore after s1. That was a waste though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamonbaby
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-09-21
Team : Bonnie/GoodStorytelling

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:50 pm

SnatchEatErase wrote:
Maybe she did know him but didn't say anything? She didn't actually reveal she knew Stefan until he brought it up. Wasn't saving her kids saving the Bennett line and protecting them? I was actually hoping they would expand on the stuff with Damon and the Bennetts, but this show loves to just put the triangle above everything else now, so I lost hope after it wasn't brought up anymore after s1. That was a waste though.

No she ask who he was and the only reason she did know of Damon was because Bonnie said something and his original reason he showed up to her house was because he was looking for Bonnie. I think ish would have gone smoother if Damon really did know Sheila and been buddy buddy with the family he would have got what he want. Also Abby shouldn't have gotten stripped of anything if Damon had been actively protecting the family. Emily stated her line and the writers dropped the ball by not having Damon be close to the Bennetts as their protector cause from what I got from that deal he suppose to be like Leo or if anyone read Think Twice on fanfiction where an ancestor entrusted ELijah as the Bennett protector (it still had Emily's deal with Damon and Damon got possessive over that), he was like considered a part of the family. I don't know Damon and Bennetts other than him seemingly disliking them and vice versa was storyline that went o waste. Emily when she was on screen in those flashbacks didn't seem to dislike Damon and I think her characterization got destroyed by having other side being able to see everything and all knowing becuase if so Emily should have just sold Katherine under the bus cause she would have known Katherine sold her out to the families. The writers imo like to crap on witches so much and need to leave that mythology alone as it still bewilders me how they are suppose to be strongest supernatural since they create everything yet somehow get pawned and step on or die so easily. Bonnie suppose to be a prodigy, so is the rankings in the witch society.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:50 pm

I think that Damon really did look after the Bennett line, I think Shelia not knowing him was just inconsistent writing.

I'm not sure what you mean by Abby shouldn't have been stripped if Damon had been protecting them? Abby lost her powers because she left her daughter. I do think the writers dropped the ball with this storyline though. I would have liked to see more on that. Maybe if Bamon become good friends next season he will tell her some of the backstory about it.


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamonbaby
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-09-21
Team : Bonnie/GoodStorytelling

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:49 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
I think that Damon really did look after the Bennett line, I think Shelia not knowing him was just inconsistent writing.

I'm not sure what you mean by Abby shouldn't have been stripped if Damon had been protecting them? Abby lost her powers because she left her daughter. I do think the writers dropped the ball with this storyline though. I would have liked to see more on that. Maybe if Bamon become good friends next season he will tell her some of the backstory about it.


Abby lost her powers because she was helping Miranda Gilbert out for Elena.If Damon had interfere in that I don't think we would have met an Abby with no powers. Now be mindful I found the idea that Mikael would know what a baby doppleganger look like ridiculous and how all sudden people were aware Katherine's line carried on when it was said she was dead because of the church. None the Bennetts we met knew Damon at all that to me told me he didn't come around often and I actually don't think it was inconsistent writing at the time as imo that doesn't kick in until Blood Brothers where things the brothers said didn't actually match up what we saw. Now if the family that is suppose to help him doesn't know him and their impression is now bad one, I don't know how much thought he put into his masterplan because if I was Damon I would have forge bonds with the Bennetts. I don't know Damon gives me the vibe he was lackluster with his "guardianship" of this line. Cause he imo if he did keep tabs wouldn't need to go to Carol or Liz to find Abby, he would have known that too and the fact she had no powers to begin with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:46 pm

"When I put Michael down, my magic didn't just leave me. It drifted away. The longer I stayed away from you, the weaker it got. I think nature was punishing me for abandoning you."
-Abby Bennett. Season 3, Episode 12. The Ties That Bind

So, no, the spell itself isn't what took Abby's powers away, leaving Bonnie did. Initially, Abby did tell Bonnie it was the spell, but I think she told her that because of the hybrids/coffin mess. After it was over she told Bonnie the truth about her magic. That's why she got her magic back when started spending time with Bonnie.

I do think it was canon that Damon watched over the Bennett line, he saved Emily's children and according to Damon, the deal is the only reason he didn't kill Bonnie to get the necklace back. He didn't have to make his presence known to watch over them. He only had to keep them alive, not be their best friend. Why else would he be so pissed with Emily when she went back on her part of the deal?

DS: We had a deal.
EB: I know, but things are different now. I need to protect my family.
DS:I protected your family, you owe me.
EB: I know. And I'm sorry.

So, yes it does come down to inconsistency and not a well thought out story plan. Because while, Damon should have known about Abby and Michael, he shouldn't have had necessarily known where she was since she left MF. And I don't think the writers had a story for Bonnie's mom and Michael that early in season 3. Because the Original family only came about because they wanted to keep Elijah on. And I agree that Damon's plan from the start was not well thought out.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamonbaby
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-09-21
Team : Bonnie/GoodStorytelling

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:50 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
"When I put Michael down, my magic didn't just leave me. It drifted away. The longer I stayed away from you, the weaker it got. I think nature was punishing me for abandoning you."
-Abby Bennett. Season 3, Episode 12. The Ties That Bind

So, no, the spell itself isn't what took Abby's powers away, leaving Bonnie did. Initially, Abby did tell Bonnie it was the spell, but I think she told her that because of the hybrids/coffin mess. After it was over she told Bonnie the truth about her magic. That's why she got her magic back when started spending time with Bonnie.

I do think it was canon that Damon watched over the Bennett line, he saved Emily's children and according to Damon, the deal is the only reason he didn't kill Bonnie to get the necklace back. He didn't have to make his presence known to watch over them. He only had to keep them alive, not be their best friend. Why else would he be so pissed with Emily when she went back on her part of the deal?

DS: We had a deal.
EB: I know, but things are different now. I need to protect my family.
DS:I protected your family, you owe me.
EB: I know. And I'm sorry.

So, yes it does come down to inconsistency and not a well thought out story plan. Because while, Damon should have known about Abby and Michael, he shouldn't have had necessarily known where she was since she left MF. And I don't think the writers had a story for Bonnie's mom and Michael that early in season 3. Because the Original family only came about because they wanted to keep Elijah on. And I agree that Damon's plan from the start was not well thought out.

I forgot that rewrite, mind you I found Abby's reason for leaving and Mikael's involvement ridiculous as it clearly a rewrite.

Maybe I always viewed protecting is more than just saving them once. The children were no where around in the flashback after they had turned. Who exactly did he give them to? I guess we agree once Sheila died the writers dropped the ball on Damon and history with them which btw had his flashbacks episodes were more about that I feel people would enjoy those more than Sage teaching him to be abusive to women and him once again being horrible for no apparent reason to Lexi (nevermind it felt ooc she would fall for that).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:06 pm

Yea, I had just recently rewatched some episodes recently so it's fresh on my mind still lol. But yea the MIchael/Abby thing was crazy, cause how would he know Elena was the doppelganger? Especially, at what 2 years old? That was so ridiculous.

I do think had the writers allowed us to see how Damon saved Emily's kids or at least showed us him watching Bonnie from a distance, more people wouldn't be as hard on Damon. At least I don't think, I could be wrong still lol. AS for the flashbacks, I really don't like them because often times it's for retcon purposes.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamonbaby
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-09-21
Team : Bonnie/GoodStorytelling

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:27 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
Yea, I had just recently rewatched some episodes recently so it's fresh on my mind still lol. But yea the MIchael/Abby thing was crazy, cause how would he know Elena was the doppelganger? Especially, at what 2 years old? That was so ridiculous.

I do think had the writers allowed us to see how Damon saved Emily's kids or at least showed us him watching Bonnie from a distance, more people wouldn't be as hard on Damon. At least I don't think, I could be wrong still lol. AS for the flashbacks, I really don't like them because often times it's for retcon purposes.

Particularly since he didn't meet Tatia until she was older. Katherine was thought to have died and none were aware of own child so they thought it died with her. I know season 2 is alot people's fave but to me this is when the writers started retconing things.

I do like Stefan's flashbacks though, but you're right Damon's seem to always involve some major retcon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:06 pm

Exactly! It made no sense. Smh.

I liked season 1 flashbacks, and Kat's flashback from season 2 about how she became a vamp. I guess I just really didn't care for flashbacks in season 3 and this season because like you said the Damon retcons.

And season 2 is definitely my favorite. Bonnie was my only fave at the time and she really came into her powers and got to be bad ass and a love interest that didn't want to use her. And then Tyler became my second fave during this season. I liked the plot and the development. Season 1 is a close second though.

What retcon's did you notice in season 2?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deathly_smirk
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2012-10-20
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:51 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
Exactly! It made no sense. Smh.

I liked season 1 flashbacks, and Kat's flashback from season 2 about how she became a vamp. I guess I just really didn't care for flashbacks in season 3 and this season because like you said the Damon retcons.

And season 2 is definitely my favorite. Bonnie was my only fave at the time and she really came into her powers and got to be bad ass and a love interest that didn't want to use her. And then Tyler became my second fave during this season. I liked the plot and the development. Season 1 is a close second though.

What retcon's did you notice in season 2?

Talking of Damon retcons or just in general?

_________________

*Avi & Sig by moi ~deathly_smirk~*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Damon   

Back to top Go down
 
Bonnie and Damon
Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Vampire Diaries :: Relationship Discussion-
Jump to: