» Will you like Vampire Diaries Caroline's Daylight Lapis ring
Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 am by aoshi

» Gilbert love: Elena and Jeremy
Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:54 am by heartisreeling

» FanFictions
Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:38 pm by Riana Salvatore

» Season 5 interview with Caroline Dries
Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:40 am by aoshi

» Vote for The Vampire Diaries at TWOP's Tubey Awards!
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:09 pm by OneSweetVamp

» Paul wesley(Stefan) and Torrey Devitto(Meredith fell) decide to split
Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 pm by aoshi

» Episode 4x23 [Graduation]
Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 pm by CEllington

» Chat Thread
Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:16 pm by aoshi

» Teen Wolf!
Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:19 pm by roar33

Spotlight On:
Photobucket Jeanet Kristensen Born and rasied in Denmark, Aarhus. Started drawing in kindergarden, Education in Multimedia Design Interests Captian American TVD Personal Website Deviantart Page

Share | 

Episode 401: Growing Pain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
YumYumOnigiri
Admin
Admin

Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Discussion of season 4 episode Growing Pain [Airdate: 10/11/2012]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mystic-grill.forumotion.com

AuthorMessage
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:27 pm

Honestly, I'm just happy that we get to see her actually mourn on-screen. I really don't think her arc is about going dark, I think it's more about finding out who she is, knowing her limits, and such.

Really though, the whole thing about hurting her already dead Grams, makes no sense to me lol. But, I'm looking forward to see where they take her storyline. And I'm praying that Shane is not a bad guy in disguise, cause Bonnie really needs all the support she can get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pelisse
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena

Team : Damon, Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:12 am

I finally watched this, and I'm sorry to say that I was rather underwhelmed. Part of it is because I had such high expectations. There was so much hype around the season premiere, I guess I should have been prepared for a major let down.

I kept reading about Bonnie being a total badass, but I really wasn't that impressed (and I say this as a huge Bonnie fan). Her storyline didn't appear to be any different than usual; once again, she tries to save everyone and has to suffer the consequences, and nobody seems to give a damn about her (except maybe Jeremy). Whatever happened to her "I'm done being pushed around" speech?

I too am a bit confused by what happened to Grams. I hope they clarify it next episode.

Stefan and Elena were cute, but their scenes felt a bit contrived, as if he writers are trying too hard to force Stelena down our throats (likely so they can break them up in a few episodes).

Damon acted like a total jerk, but I kinda like it when he's a loose cannon. Twisted Evil

Rebekah was great, as was Klaus in Tyler's body... By the way, WHY oh why would he ever want to get his old body back? Laughing

I'm looking forward to learning more about the pastor and the new council... Surely that wasn't the end of it?

All in all I don't think it was a totally horrible episode, but they certainly could have done better for a season opening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

Team : Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:29 am

Pelisse wrote:
I finally watched this, and I'm sorry to say that I was rather underwhelmed. Part of it is because I had such high expectations. There was so much hype around the season premiere, I guess I should have been prepared for a major let down.

All in all I don't think it was a totally horrible episode, but they certainly could have done better for a season opening.
Episode 2 is meant to be better than episode 1, I'm looking forward to it a lot Very Happy

I'm not your little bitch anymore!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elenaforever
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena

Team : Stelena, Salvatore, Elena, Forwood

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Wow... really excited then for second episode!! I love you

I was actually somewhat afraid of watching the first episode, because I was scared it would let me down, and finally I loooved it!! I love you

I guess partly my fear was that something bad would happen between Stelena and finally it was just perfect! I loved how Elena reacted to the memories with Damon.. Of course she was touched and I think a part of her will always have a soft spot for Damon despite their differences and misunderstandings, but Elena knows what she wants, she had made a decision and she doesn't regret it.. Her heart is for Stefan.. I love you

My only disappointment I guess, if we can call it that, is that VD episodes are so packed with action and too many things happen in one episode! It's almost a strength and a weakness of the show at the same time, because it certainly keeps us at the edge of the seat. But at the same time, parts like the Klyler, it would have been a bit cool to see him for a bit longer, as much as I love that Tyler is back.. Razz We don't have time to truly enjoy certan aspects of the show because they happen too fast!

And then.. I don't know, I found the ending kind of stupid.. that the religious guy gives up so easily and kills himself and a bunch of the town citizens??? I don't know..dumb. No I don't buy that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Haha! I was really nervous to watch it too! It wasn't that I thought the episode wouldn't be very good, it was because i didn't want anything bad to happen. Like Elena to be like Katherine, Matt to feel suicidal over what has happened to Elena or Caroline to fall for Klaus in some way. In the 5 month hiatus I thought I'd thought of every possibility that could happen, but I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was! Well done Julie Plec Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
elenaforever
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:18 pm

roar33 wrote:
Haha! I was really nervous to watch it too! It wasn't that I thought the episode wouldn't be very good, it was because i didn't want anything bad to happen. Like Elena to be like Katherine, Matt to feel suicidal over what has happened to Elena or Caroline to fall for Klaus in some way. In the 5 month hiatus I thought I'd thought of every possibility that could happen, but I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was! Well done Julie Plec Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hehe me too I was worried about Elena turning into Katherine!! I agree, well done Julie cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gellerbing

Team : Stefan

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:30 pm

just finished watching the first episode and loved it, i really didnt expect so much to be going on in the first episode back it was proper mad!
what i didnt understand though was at the end of season 3 elena woke up on the slab in the morgue but start of this season she woke up in her bed!?! i did think at first ok maybe its been a few weeks and she was waking from a bad dream but obviously i was wrong as stefan then explained she was in transition scratch

also i would have been an interesting scene to show her actually turning into a vampire after tasting the blood and how they got out of the storage room, it was so random to just suddenly show elena as a vampire for a few seconds and out in the open.

damon was a bit of a d*ck in this episode but ill let him off on the fact he looks so good in that black tight shirt Razz

i LOVE that elena picked stefan and their final scene with them sat on the rooftops and stefan gives her a daylight ring was so cute.

i was really worried that they would ruin the show by turning elena into a vampire but so far im pretty impressed and will definitely continue to watch, bring on next monday cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
elenaforever
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:34 pm

gellerbing wrote:

damon was a bit of a d*ck in this episode but ill let him off on the fact he looks so good in that black tight shirt Razz

Hihi that must be why I let it go too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Damon did look really good in this episode I love you

Back to top Go down
View user profile
elenaforever
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:52 pm

roar33 wrote:

And so did Klyer/Tyler. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:28 pm

gellerbing wrote:
just finished watching the first episode and loved it, i really didnt expect so much to be going on in the first episode back it was proper mad!
what i didnt understand though was at the end of season 3 elena woke up on the slab in the morgue but start of this season she woke up in her bed!?! i did think at first ok maybe its been a few weeks and she was waking from a bad dream but obviously i was wrong as stefan then explained she was in transition scratch

also i would have been an interesting scene to show her actually turning into a vampire after tasting the blood and how they got out of the storage room, it was so random to just suddenly show elena as a vampire for a few seconds and out in the open.

i LOVE that elena picked stefan and their final scene with them sat on the rooftops and stefan gives her a daylight ring was so cute.

i was really worried that they would ruin the show by turning elena into a vampire but so far im pretty impressed and will definitely continue to watch, bring on next monday cheers

Stefan said she was in and out of consciousness, so I assume when she first woke up in the morgue she was right back out and they took her home where she woke up for good that morning.

The part on the escape still baffles me, it was too weird lol. I just am guessing that maybe Elena drug the body of the guard close to her and got the keys, that's the only logical excuses I could come up with lol.

PS. Jeremy, Klyler, and Damon were looking mighty fine, mmhmm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gellerbing

Team : Stefan

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:57 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
gellerbing wrote:

Stefan said she was in and out of consciousness, so I assume when she first woke up in the morgue she was right back out and they took her home where she woke up for good that morning.

The part on the escape still baffles me, it was too weird lol. I just am guessing that maybe Elena drug the body of the guard close to her and got the keys, that's the only logical excuses I could come up with lol.

PS. Jeremy, Klyler, and Damon were looking mighty fine, mmhmm.

haha im glad others see my damon logic, damn him and his good looks Laughing Laughing

what you said makes sense, cant believe it didnt think of that lol, just hope the next episode is more straight forward, i hate having to work things out for myself Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:02 am

elenaforever wrote:
roar33 wrote:

And so did Klyer/Tyler. Razz
AW, I know right? I love you One of the reasons I watch the vampire diaries is cause all te guys look good, especially Michael Trevino cyclops

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic

Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:12 pm

4x01 was alright I guess. I hated some parts and was confused by others. The pastor was a noob, first of all. He not only blows himself and the other council members up, but the vervain as well. Lmao. Before that He sets a trap for the other vampires, Damon comes, and he hides in the house? And only send two men out to get Damon? What. A. Noob.

Next, I don't understand how suddenly Stefan and Elena are able to get outta their cages without any issues whatsoever after Damon decides to kill Matt, another facepalm moment for me. My guess is Elena drags the body closer to get the keys, but what about Stefan since she vamp speeds off to save matt, how does Stefan get out?

The Damon and Matt thing I thought was OTT, forced, contrived, and stupid. I get that 4x01 happens a day after Elena drowns, that Damon is pissed off, and that he needs to blow off stream. That's why I didn't mind that much his reaction when he first sees Matt in the scene with Liz and Meredith. That I could understand because it was Damon being damon as everyone keeps saying as a excuse for how he treated Matt. The scene at the ranch was contrived and OTT in my opinion. They go there to rescue SE but Damon decides killing Matt is his first priority. Why is Damon condemning Matt for the same things he would do in a heartbeat? Seems a little hypocritical to me.

Like I said though I get Damon was pissed, and that Elena dying while Matt lives is fresh in his mind so he was still pissed off, which is why I thought the first scene with him and Matt was him blowing off steam. Some other Damon fans are saying that Damon was just playing around with Matt, and if he wanted Matt dead he would be, regardless of whatever Elena did to stop him. Some say it was a bite at Elena and nothing much. IDK, I'm Team Damon first and foremost, and his happiness comes first before the ship that I ship, that being DE.

Also LOL At Stefan being pissed at Matt, and crying about how he made the wrong choice and Damon is right all episode. If you truly feel that way and Matt wasn't your first choice, then stop being Elena's bitch and start questioning her choices, instead of taking it out on Matt. It's not like Matt begged you or wanted you to save him.

Michael Trevino as Klaus was fkn awesome! He's more Badass and Evil as Klaus than klaus himself is in his own body. I wish they would have let him play around with Klaus a lot more before putting Klaus back in his body. The klaroline scene was stupid and annoyed me.

Bonnie was awesome as well in 4x01 and I loved her interactions with Jeremy.I felt bad for her with the thing with Grams though, witches are so fickle. They are willing to hurt one of their own to get a message across to someone else. Grams is innocent yet they are punishing her for Bonnie's own actions? SMH.

Damon was awesome and Badass, except for the OTT Matt Damon thing. I love when Damon isn't the lovesick puppy and does what he wants to do. I hope him being Badass and going to his S1 way aren't going to end anytime soon.

Stefan was useless. First he allows the deputies to capture him and Elena without putting up a fight, then later in the cages he suddenly decides to fight to get Elena out? Did he seriously think the guard? I guess it was to show his undying love, Lmao, for Elena, let SE have their epic talk about why she chose him, and it being the bestest decision ever, LOL, and moving Rebekah so she can help Stefan get Elena blood. I laughed at all of SE's scenes because they was so cliche and corny to me.

Klaus is a idiot. He had one conversation with Caroline and suddenly "fancies" her? And decides to save a girl he hardly knows over his sister? Who cares if Rebekah can't die? You save your family. And LOL at Klaus wanting hybrids again. 3x21 he chose his family over doppelganger and hybrids, 4x01 he chose the doppelganger and hybrids over his family? I hope the Originals are gone after this season.

Rebekah, I felt bad for her this episode with Klaus disowning her and not saving her. I hope she has a friend in April and someone to turn to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:27 pm

Damonic wrote:
Rebekah, I hope she has a friend in April and someone to turn to.
Aw I know, I really felt for Rebekah in this episode Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
elenaforever
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Damonic wrote:
The pastor was a noob, first of all. He not only blows himself and the other council members up, but the vervain as well. Lmao. Before that He sets a trap for the other vampires, Damon comes, and he hides in the house? And only send two men out to get Damon? What. A. Noob.

LMAO yes! I mean that was just ridiculous that scene where he blows himself up with council members and vervain? Shocked I mean, he gives up on their first try? I don't get that, that's just dumb. Rolling Eyes By the way, love your username, very cute. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pelisse
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena

Team : Damon, Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:32 pm

Damonic wrote:
Damon was awesome and Badass, except for the OTT Matt Damon thing. I love when Damon isn't the lovesick puppy and does what he wants to do. I hope him being Badass and going to his S1 way aren't going to end anytime soon.

I'm with you on that. I am SO happy that Smart-Aleck, I-Don't-Give-A-Crap Damon is back. I hope it lasts. Did you see the new webclip for Memorial? Damon's got such a bad attitude, I'm loving it. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Pelisse wrote:
Damonic wrote:

I'm with you on that. I am SO happy that Smart-Aleck, I-Don't-Give-A-Crap Damon is back. I hope it lasts. Did you see the new webclip for Memorial? Damon's got such a bad attitude, I'm loving it. Cool

Yes, I love the eye rolls he's doing while talking to Elena. She chose Stefan so why is she running to him with her problems? She chose to do AB so get Stefan to help you. Like Damon said, "You're a vampire Elena. Be a vampire". Man I missed Snarky, I don't give a crap Damon so much. Damon in that clip looked like he wish Elena would just leave him alone. I mean, he is trying to move on and distance himself from SE and Elena, but I fear she's going to drag him back into the triangle with her problems, and constantly running to him. I don't think that's fair to be honest, since she chose Stefan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:56 pm

elenaforever wrote:
Damonic wrote:
The pastor was a noob, first of all. He not only blows himself and the other council members up, but the vervain as well. Lmao. Before that He sets a trap for the other vampires, Damon comes, and he hides in the house? And only send two men out to get Damon? What. A. Noob.

LMAO yes! I mean that was just ridiculous that scene where he blows himself up with council members and vervain? Shocked I mean, he gives up on their first try? I don't get that, that's just dumb. Rolling Eyes By the way, love your username, very cute. Razz

Isn't blowing up the council and vervain, counter-productive? Smh. Now it seems it's just Liz, carol, and Damon left of the council, which isn't even against vampires at all so the pastor was stupid. And I hope the pastor's plan he was talking about doesn't lead to another ghost world episode lol. Thank you, I love my username too, it's awesome like Damon. lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:24 pm

There's obviously a plan behind all that. I guess, they'll be fighting them from the other side or something in that sense.
Back to top Go down
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Maybe it's his plan to make sure there's no more evil Alarics? If that makes sense.. Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:03 pm

What do you mean? Evil!Ric was going to eliminate the vampire issue...
Back to top Go down
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:25 pm

Yea, I don't think it will be a ghost world episode per say, but it definitely has something to do with the other side. Especially after knowing Jeremy can see things now, it's definitely a bigger picture that they are setting the stage for. I can't wait, honestly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:28 pm

He even said..we're at the beginning.
Back to top Go down
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:46 am

Wait, that doesn't make sense..ignore that theory, ha!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 401: Growing Pain   

Back to top Go down

Episode 401: Growing Pain
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Vampire Diaries :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: