HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Will you like Vampire Diaries Caroline's Daylight Lapis ring
Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 am by aoshi

» Gilbert love: Elena and Jeremy
Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:54 am by heartisreeling

» FanFictions
Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:38 pm by Riana Salvatore

» Season 5 interview with Caroline Dries
Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:40 am by aoshi

» Vote for The Vampire Diaries at TWOP's Tubey Awards!
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:09 pm by OneSweetVamp

» Paul wesley(Stefan) and Torrey Devitto(Meredith fell) decide to split
Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 pm by aoshi

» Episode 4x23 [Graduation]
Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 pm by CEllington

» Chat Thread
Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:16 pm by aoshi

» Teen Wolf!
Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:19 pm by roar33

Spotlight On:
Photobucket Jeanet Kristensen Born and rasied in Denmark, Aarhus. Started drawing in kindergarden, Education in Multimedia Design Interests Captian American TVD Personal Website Deviantart Page

Share | 
 

 Damon Salvatore

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
YumYumOnigiri
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 266
Join date : 2012-09-19
Location : The World
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Damon Salvatore   Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Discuss the wicked Damon Salvatore
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mystic-grill.forumotion.com

AuthorMessage
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:57 pm

If at the very end they are like, hey, btw, she's not in love with you dumbass, she loves you like a friend, I'll be pissed. lol, I don't know about other delena shippers but I'll feel like I wasted 6 or more years of my life, on message boards, watching this show, only for them to just tease Delena and nothing comes of it. I get this is a triangle. I even get that both sides/ships can't win, and that ultimately someone will get the short end of the stick.

But if you aren't going to do Delena, or they are just friends, then just end the triangle. Let Damon get someone else and let Elena and Stefan have each other. It sucks though, that, they killed off other Damon ships that I personally liked or saw potential in, like him and Rose for example. I think everyone would be happy anyway, since lots of people complain about the triangle. I think this show kind of sucks at writing triangles.

I've never actually seen a triangle last a whole lifetime of the show though, have you? I watched OTH(One tree hill) and I think that triangle ended before the show. In Smallville they never explored Clark and Chloe, and it was always Lana for Clark, until Lois came in later seasons.

I just think the show will be better if they ended the triangle, and let Damon either leave Mystic falls or find someone else.

EDIT: Yeah, lol, I was wondering what happened. I'll check back later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:30 am

Damonic wrote:
If at the very end they are like, hey, btw, she's not in love with you dumbass, she loves you like a friend, I'll be pissed. lol, I don't know about other delena shippers but I'll feel like I wasted 6 or more years of my life, on message boards, watching this show, only for them to just tease Delena and nothing comes of it. I get this is a triangle. I even get that both sides/ships can't win, and that ultimately someone will get the short end of the stick.

But if you aren't going to do Delena, or they are just friends, then just end the triangle. Let Damon get someone else and let Elena and Stefan have each other. It sucks though, that, they killed off other Damon ships that I personally liked or saw potential in, like him and Rose for example. I think everyone would be happy anyway, since lots of people complain about the triangle. I think this show kind of sucks at writing triangles.

I've never actually seen a triangle last a whole lifetime of the show though, have you? I watched OTH(One tree hill) and I think that triangle ended before the show. In Smallville they never explored Clark and Chloe, and it was always Lana for Clark, until Lois came in later seasons.

I just think the show will be better if they ended the triangle, and let Damon either leave Mystic falls or find someone else.

EDIT: Yeah, lol, I was wondering what happened. I'll check back later.

I understand where you are coming from, as someone who shipped Brucas on One tree hill like nobody's business. I was super pissed how that ended and how the show pretended like it was no big deal afterwards, ugh. Anyway, but at the end of the day, one of the fandoms will be crushed, whether it's SE or DE only time will tell. DE is happening and I really believe they will get a "normal" MF relationship after the bond is broken. I don't believe they are endgame though. Like I said, from my viewpoint, they were better off as friends. I feel like Damon had to change who was as a person, to be with Elena and that's the main thing I don't like about DE. I don't think if DE don't end up together that you should feel like you wasted 6 years though because they were friends that fell for each other at some point, and they had to figure out if it was real and in order to do that they have to explore that relationship as well. If anything I feel like SE fans should be the ones pissed if they aren't endgame because the show was sold as SE's love story, epic soul mates. They say they always find a way back to each other. There is a quote saying that the show is about a girl's love for one brother and changing the life of the other brother because of who she is. I don't know though, it could go either way I guess, but as of now I just cant see DE as endgame--not saying that they won't be though.

And no, I can't recall a triangle lasting series long. I guess you could say Dawson's Creek, but it wasn't really series long--more on and off. And as for Oth, it only lasted for me until 4 seasons, even though the show likes to pretend that it lasted 5 lol. I do feel that if the show gave DAmon a good love interest, DE fans would be okay because I notice that DE fans are mostly Damon stans first. That's how I was with Brucas/Brooke on OTH, I loved Brooke and therefore loved Brucas because she was happy and it's what she wanted. But when Julian came on, I was so happy for her and Julian was def the best choice for her.

I do agree though, that the show would be better if the triangle ended and this last episode proved that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:46 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
Damonic wrote:
If at the very end they are like, hey, btw, she's not in love with you dumbass, she loves you like a friend, I'll be pissed. lol, I don't know about other delena shippers but I'll feel like I wasted 6 or more years of my life, on message boards, watching this show, only for them to just tease Delena and nothing comes of it. I get this is a triangle. I even get that both sides/ships can't win, and that ultimately someone will get the short end of the stick.

But if you aren't going to do Delena, or they are just friends, then just end the triangle. Let Damon get someone else and let Elena and Stefan have each other. It sucks though, that, they killed off other Damon ships that I personally liked or saw potential in, like him and Rose for example. I think everyone would be happy anyway, since lots of people complain about the triangle. I think this show kind of sucks at writing triangles.

I've never actually seen a triangle last a whole lifetime of the show though, have you? I watched OTH(One tree hill) and I think that triangle ended before the show. In Smallville they never explored Clark and Chloe, and it was always Lana for Clark, until Lois came in later seasons.

I just think the show will be better if they ended the triangle, and let Damon either leave Mystic falls or find someone else.

EDIT: Yeah, lol, I was wondering what happened. I'll check back later.

I understand where you are coming from, as someone who shipped Brucas on One tree hill like nobody's business. I was super pissed how that ended and how the show pretended like it was no big deal afterwards, ugh. Anyway, but at the end of the day, one of the fandoms will be crushed, whether it's SE or DE only time will tell. DE is happening and I really believe they will get a "normal" MF relationship after the bond is broken. I don't believe they are endgame though. Like I said, from my viewpoint, they were better off as friends. I feel like Damon had to change who was as a person, to be with Elena and that's the main thing I don't like about DE. I don't think if DE don't end up together that you should feel like you wasted 6 years though because they were friends that fell for each other at some point, and they had to figure out if it was real and in order to do that they have to explore that relationship as well. If anything I feel like SE fans should be the ones pissed if they aren't endgame because the show was sold as SE's love story, epic soul mates. They say they always find a way back to each other. There is a quote saying that the show is about a girl's love for one brother and changing the life of the other brother because of who she is. I don't know though, it could go either way I guess, but as of now I just cant see DE as endgame--not saying that they won't be though.

And no, I can't recall a triangle lasting series long. I guess you could say Dawson's Creek, but it wasn't really series long--more on and off. And as for Oth, it only lasted for me until 4 seasons, even though the show likes to pretend that it lasted 5 lol. I do feel that if the show gave DAmon a good love interest, DE fans would be okay because I notice that DE fans are mostly Damon stans first. That's how I was with Brucas/Brooke on OTH, I loved Brooke and therefore loved Brucas because she was happy and it's what she wanted. But when Julian came on, I was so happy for her and Julian was def the best choice for her.

I do agree though, that the show would be better if the triangle ended and this last episode proved that.

I've always seen people say Damon had to change for Elena. I've never got it though, why it's a bad thing? He's still who he was when he first appeared in mystic falls, he still has the traits and personality that makes him Damon, he just doesn't murder people with reckless abandon anymore. He changed for the better and became a better man or whatever. It wasn't for Elena, he changed for himself to be a better person. He's still who he was when he came to Mystic falls, He's just less playful and carefree as he used to be. And the murdering, feeding on people, using people as his personal playthings, he doesn't do that anymore. When he's protective though, he can revert back and be the bad guy, as well as when he's threatened or someone gets in his way.

So, from your view, how is Damon changing into a better person a bad thing? I think he changed because he wanted to, not to get into Elena's panties or whatever.

I liked brucas as well, much better than I liked him and Peyton. But at least they knew when to cash in the chips for the triangle and let it go. Even though I saw she was happy with Julian, I still wanted her to get with Lucas lol. I haven't even watched all the seasons yet actually. The last season I remember watching was when the kid get shot in the gas station.

If they do give Damon another love interest I hope it isn't in the last season. It would be contrived to me if they wait until the last season, then all of a sudden introduce someone who falls for Damon, and he falls for her. It'll have to be introduced early on, so it won't just be sudden love or whatever, and he can move on from Elena. As for endgame, I'm rooting for delena but as long as Damon gets his happy ending, I'm cool with whoever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:35 pm

He only changed because it's what Elena wanted him to do. "Be the better man, Damon." He is not the same, not to me anyway. He didn't do it for himself, at all. If that had been the case, then I wouldn't have an issue. For instance, when Damon and Bonnie interacted in scenes he was always himself, she made him think about his life choices. To me, it seems like Damon only does the right thing because it's what Elena wants him to do. Elena wouldn't have never dated Damon, for who he was in the first couple seasons. He didn't come a viable option for her until she could get him to do what she wanted. In my opinion, you shouldn't change for someone, unless it's what you wanted. So, no, I don't think changing is a bad thing, but the way it happened on the show is just now what I agree with. It's only my opinion though, and one of my bigger issues with Delena. I understand that you don't agree, and that's fine too.

But as for Brucas, trust me I was pissed for a long time. Until like season 7, after Lucas and Peyton got married and left the show. I didn't watch the show until after it ended, so I knew Lucas wasn't coming back and so I gave up on it lol. But I was happy with Brulian because I really hated how they did Brucas when it ended and almost didn't finish the rest of the seasons, and til this day if I rewatch the series I will never watch season 4 again because it was so contrived how it all happened.

And I agree I hope they find a way to have all the characters be happy, but this is TVD so I'm sure it will have some kind of happy, yet tragic ending lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:12 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
He only changed because it's what Elena wanted him to do. "Be the better man, Damon." He is not the same, not to me anyway. He didn't do it for himself, at all. If that had been the case, then I wouldn't have an issue. For instance, when Damon and Bonnie interacted in scenes he was always himself, she made him think about his life choices. To me, it seems like Damon only does the right thing because it's what Elena wants him to do. Elena wouldn't have never dated Damon, for who he was in the first couple seasons. He didn't come a viable option for her until she could get him to do what she wanted. In my opinion, you shouldn't change for someone, unless it's what you wanted. So, no, I don't think changing is a bad thing, but the way it happened on the show is just now what I agree with. It's only my opinion though, and one of my bigger issues with Delena. I understand that you don't agree, and that's fine too.

But as for Brucas, trust me I was pissed for a long time. Until like season 7, after Lucas and Peyton got married and left the show. I didn't watch the show until after it ended, so I knew Lucas wasn't coming back and so I gave up on it lol. But I was happy with Brulian because I really hated how they did Brucas when it ended and almost didn't finish the rest of the seasons, and til this day if I rewatch the series I will never watch season 4 again because it was so contrived how it all happened.

And I agree I hope they find a way to have all the characters be happy, but this is TVD so I'm sure it will have some kind of happy, yet tragic ending lol.

But he actually started to change during the second half of s1, before Elena even started with the be the better man stuff, which is why I said he changed for himself. Well, not change completely, but his humanity started to show more. The only difference I see with him now is that he shows his soft side, but not often, and he doesn't kill recklessly anymore unless provoked. He's still the same suave, witty, sarcastic, dickish Damon he always was, but there are times he shows he care and he shows he can be nice to others.

What do you mean by he's not the same? What differences in his personality and characteristics do you see?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamonbaby
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-09-21
Team : Bonnie/GoodStorytelling

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:38 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
He only changed because it's what Elena wanted him to do. "Be the better man, Damon." He is not the same, not to me anyway. He didn't do it for himself, at all. If that had been the case, then I wouldn't have an issue. For instance, when Damon and Bonnie interacted in scenes he was always himself, she made him think about his life choices. To me, it seems like Damon only does the right thing because it's what Elena wants him to do. Elena wouldn't have never dated Damon, for who he was in the first couple seasons. He didn't come a viable option for her until she could get him to do what she wanted. In my opinion, you shouldn't change for someone, unless it's what you wanted. So, no, I don't think changing is a bad thing, but the way it happened on the show is just now what I agree with. It's only my opinion though, and one of my bigger issues with Delena. I understand that you don't agree, and that's fine too.

But as for Brucas, trust me I was pissed for a long time. Until like season 7, after Lucas and Peyton got married and left the show. I didn't watch the show until after it ended, so I knew Lucas wasn't coming back and so I gave up on it lol. But I was happy with Brulian because I really hated how they did Brucas when it ended and almost didn't finish the rest of the seasons, and til this day if I rewatch the series I will never watch season 4 again because it was so contrived how it all happened.

And I agree I hope they find a way to have all the characters be happy, but this is TVD so I'm sure it will have some kind of happy, yet tragic ending lol.

I can't watch season 4 because of that too it made Lucas look like a jackass (he said too many things in absolutes to Brooke for it not mean anything and then they re-write a lot of stuff for season 5 &6 like Keith always being team Peyton when he clearly adore Brooke more) and Peyton all sudden became very weak (she lost that fierceness that she gain when with Jake). I am still under opinion it was only handle poorly because Chad and Sophia's relationship ended very badly (which is why I don't like my favorite pairings on tv shows end up having their actors date one another during the course of a series).

I too have the same issues with DE cause the problem is we are getting two characters acting out of character (particularly Elena, as while alot argue season 1 Elena would slap the living hell out of season 3 or 4 Elena, I think season 3 Elena would want to slap the crap of season 4 Elena). The one thing I used to like about Damon was he wasn't a hypocritical but then he gets around Elena he starts being hypocritical for example I never like in season 1, how Damon got in Jeremy's face about being angry with Elena for compelling him when he technically did the deed but yet one episode prior voiced he had/still was angry at Stefan over the fact Katherine trollop self had turned Stefan. His hypocrisy showed again in the last scene with ratting out Stefan when a) he too slept with Rebekah B) that happen within 24 hours of Rebekah attempting murder Elena C) Damon had been lying to Stefan about him and Elena recently.

I also find him more dick (but it more annoying and not funny), he lost his suave back in season 2 when the save Elena show started.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:01 pm

bamonbaby wrote:
KrayBaby wrote:
He only changed because it's what Elena wanted him to do. "Be the better man, Damon." He is not the same, not to me anyway. He didn't do it for himself, at all. If that had been the case, then I wouldn't have an issue. For instance, when Damon and Bonnie interacted in scenes he was always himself, she made him think about his life choices. To me, it seems like Damon only does the right thing because it's what Elena wants him to do. Elena wouldn't have never dated Damon, for who he was in the first couple seasons. He didn't come a viable option for her until she could get him to do what she wanted. In my opinion, you shouldn't change for someone, unless it's what you wanted. So, no, I don't think changing is a bad thing, but the way it happened on the show is just now what I agree with. It's only my opinion though, and one of my bigger issues with Delena. I understand that you don't agree, and that's fine too.

But as for Brucas, trust me I was pissed for a long time. Until like season 7, after Lucas and Peyton got married and left the show. I didn't watch the show until after it ended, so I knew Lucas wasn't coming back and so I gave up on it lol. But I was happy with Brulian because I really hated how they did Brucas when it ended and almost didn't finish the rest of the seasons, and til this day if I rewatch the series I will never watch season 4 again because it was so contrived how it all happened.

And I agree I hope they find a way to have all the characters be happy, but this is TVD so I'm sure it will have some kind of happy, yet tragic ending lol.

I can't watch season 4 because of that too it made Lucas look like a jackass (he said too many things in absolutes to Brooke for it not mean anything and then they re-write a lot of stuff for season 5 &6 like Keith always being team Peyton when he clearly adore Brooke more) and Peyton all sudden became very weak (she lost that fierceness that she gain when with Jake). I am still under opinion it was only handle poorly because Chad and Sophia's relationship ended very badly (which is why I don't like my favorite pairings on tv shows end up having their actors date one another during the course of a series).

I too have the same issues with DE cause the problem is we are getting two characters acting out of character (particularly Elena, as while alot argue season 1 Elena would slap the living hell out of season 3 or 4 Elena, I think season 3 Elena would want to slap the crap of season 4 Elena). The one thing I used to like about Damon was he wasn't a hypocritical but then he gets around Elena he starts being hypocritical for example I never like in season 1, how Damon got in Jeremy's face about being angry with Elena for compelling him when he technically did the deed but yet one episode prior voiced he had/still was angry at Stefan over the fact Katherine trollop self had turned Stefan. His hypocrisy showed again in the last scene with ratting out Stefan when a) he too slept with Rebekah B) that happen within 24 hours of Rebekah attempting murder Elena C) Damon had been lying to Stefan about him and Elena recently.

I also find him more dick (but it more annoying and not funny), he lost his suave back in season 2 when the save Elena show started.


All of this, basically. Especially the it about Brucas. I definitely think it was because of the break up, which really sucked. I, too, hate when a couple I ship dates in real life cause you sit their and hold your breath hoping they don't break up and ruin their dynamic on the show lol.

And Damonic, basically all of what bamonbaby said. Damon is not the same as he used to be, even without the murdering, even though he did try to kill Matt twice this season and wanted Stefan to kill Tyler--he was provoked neither time. But, he is much soft and much more annoying with his being a dick. He's not as funny and more rude.

I really didn't like the comment he made about Stefan being mad that he slept with Elena. The way he said it, made it seem like a competition and Elena was the prize for him. And then him trying to out Stefan to Elena was gross because he did it to make Stefan look bad because otherwise that comment wasn't even necessary. To me he has been trying too hard. And then for him to not even question Elena when they had sex when all the time before that she had turned him down and told him it will always be Stefan. He didn't once question her, but sexed her up like none of those things happened with them in the past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:18 pm

All the stuff you guys are saying, he was like that when he first came to mystic falls so agree to disagree I guess. He always revert back to his old ways when threatened, annoyed, or feeling protective. Or when he needs to get stuff done, he goes back to how he used to do things as well. Matt, he was lashing out at when he tried to kill him or whatever. So I guess add lashing out to the list as well lol. Damon was an annoying dick in s1. He was rude in s1. Ehh, he still seems to be the same person to me.

I don't get what asking Elena about her choice in s3, turning him down, etc would accomplish? I mean, I do get it, but how would he know if the answers she give are her own feelings on the matter, or his influence? That's why, in that one episode thread, I said those questions will probably be asked and answered once the sire bond is broke, otherwise Damon would just be wasting his time since the sire bond makes it so that he influences her. So how would he know if it's the truth or it's to please him?

Damon lying to Stefan: He only lied for one day. Besides, why does whether Damon and Elena are together or not depend on Stefan? Why should Damon have to invoke the bond just to please Stefan? What about what Elena wants? Wouldn't Damon invoking the bond and making Elena forget him take away her free will? She doesn't get a choice on whether she wants that or not? Who says Stefan way is the only way to do it, and that Damon had to do it because of Stefan?

Damon on the subject of Stebekah: Damon didn't owe Stefan anything, nor was he swore to secrecy, so I didn't care at all. Plus the guy was being a little bitch to him, I'll be pissed too. Also, maybe he felt it was a conflict of interest or something? He didn't say anything until Elena said Stefan was supposed to dagger Rebekah, and he said he didn't because she's on their side or whatever? Maybe he felt them sleeping together, and Stefan being mad about D/E, was causing Stefan to not think straight? IDK, just some thoughts. I'm not saying Damon was right, but I'm saying I don't care. Stefan and Caroline got to interfere in delena, so I'm glad Damon told everyone about Stebekah. Was it supposed to be a secret? OOps..

Damon's comment about Stefan being mad because of DEx: Wasn't that the reason though? In that lame game of truth or dare, Stefan made it seem like SE broke up because Elena slept with Damon. That seems to be the main reason he's mad at both of them. He knew about her feelings and doesn't seem mad at that. Matter of fact, that's the reason why he's working with Rebekah, to see if, without the sire bond, is Elena's feelings still the same. He also was trying to get the cure to turn her human, which would break the bond as well, so he wasn't too worried about the sire bond. It wasn't until after he learned D/E slept together that he was pissed. And isn't that why he slept with Rebekah? lol....

Doesn't Stefan act like Elena is a prize to be won as well? Both agreed last season whoever doesn't get Elena leaves town. lol, that sounds like both are treating her as a prize. Or, when Stefan told Damon to invoke the bond, and if Elena's feelings are the same he'll let Damon have her. Or even him wanting the cure for the simple fact to see if Elena's feelings are actually real for Damon. Both seems to act that way.

Whew. break time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:28 pm

Damon is not the same as he was in season 1, and I can assure you that if you ask any non De/Damon fan, they will tell you the same. But agree to disagree about that.

About Damon questioning Elena before they had sex, it had everything to do with it because when he was about to have sex with Katherine in season 2, he made a point to ask Katherine about her feelings before he would let the act go on. With Elena, he didn't even blink about it, and you can't say anything about the sire bond because at that point--they didn't even know about the sire bond when DE had sex which is what I'm referring to.

About Damon lying to Stefan, it matters a lot. The thing about it is that Damon said he would do it, and instead he lied to him. It wasn't just to please Stefan, did you not see Charlotte? To prevent that, they both ultimately agreed that Damon would let Elena go. And I wouldn't say, letting her go is taking away her free will because being sired has already taken her free will away anyway. It would however, keep her from being influenced by Damon and perhaps doing something that she would regret once the sire bond is broken.

How was Damon going to say anything? That was the first time he had seen Stefan and Elena since he found out about them having sex. It wasn't that it was a matter of a secret, but that wasn't Damon's business to tell, just like it wasn't Caroline's business to imply about DE sex to Stefan. And you know what? I would be a bitch to my sibling too if they had sex with my ex. Damon does stuff all of the time against Stefan to get a reaction, for instance, Damon telling Elena not to tell Stefan about bloodsharing, yet he so freely and smugly told him about it. And if he felt that sex with Rebekah was clouding his judgment, then he could have put him to the side. You don't care, but there are people that do. Which is fine because it's a TV show and everyone is entitled to feel how they want about it.

It wasn't Damon's words that bothered me, because yea Stefan is rightfully so mad that his brother screwed his love of his life. Like I said, for me it was how he said it. And yea I don't get why Stefan said they broke up because of De sex, that was weird. But no unlike Damon, I don't believe Stefan slept with Rebekah for revenge. Had that been the case then they would have had sex at the end of 4.10. And until I am proven wrong, I still think that REbekah compelled Stefan to not care, which I believe also played a part in them sleeping together.

How was Stefan acting like Elena was a prize, when that was his girlfriend? Damon even bragged about how he would take Elena from Stefan. And I don't see the scene of one of them agreeing to leave as treating her as a prize. I say that because both of them are in love with her and I think Stefan felt like if she chose to be with his brother then he would back off and let them be together because staying in MF having to watch them be a couple would be too painful for him. Because Damon inserted himself into SE's relationship and didn't give them the space or respect while SE were together. But Stefan wants her to be cured and free of the sire bond because at least he will know that it was her choice to be with Damon and not the influence of the sire bond, which in my opinion makes the most sense. He never said that he will let Damon have her? What?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:50 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
Damon is not the same as he was in season 1, and I can assure you that if you ask any non De/Damon fan, they will tell you the same. But agree to disagree about that.

About Damon questioning Elena before they had sex, it had everything to do with it because when he was about to have sex with Katherine in season 2, he made a point to ask Katherine about her feelings before he would let the act go on. With Elena, he didn't even blink about it, and you can't say anything about the sire bond because at that point--they didn't even know about the sire bond when DE had sex which is what I'm referring to.

About Damon lying to Stefan, it matters a lot. The thing about it is that Damon said he would do it, and instead he lied to him. It wasn't just to please Stefan, did you not see Charlotte? To prevent that, they both ultimately agreed that Damon would let Elena go. And I wouldn't say, letting her go is taking away her free will because being sired has already taken her free will away anyway. It would however, keep her from being influenced by Damon and perhaps doing something that she would regret once the sire bond is broken.

How was Damon going to say anything? That was the first time he had seen Stefan and Elena since he found out about them having sex. It wasn't that it was a matter of a secret, but that wasn't Damon's business to tell, just like it wasn't Caroline's business to imply about DE sex to Stefan. And you know what? I would be a bitch to my sibling too if they had sex with my ex. Damon does stuff all of the time against Stefan to get a reaction, for instance, Damon telling Elena not to tell Stefan about bloodsharing, yet he so freely and smugly told him about it. And if he felt that sex with Rebekah was clouding his judgment, then he could have put him to the side. You don't care, but there are people that do. Which is fine because it's a TV show and everyone is entitled to feel how they want about it.

It wasn't Damon's words that bothered me, because yea Stefan is rightfully so mad that his brother screwed his love of his life. Like I said, for me it was how he said it. And yea I don't get why Stefan said they broke up because of De sex, that was weird. But no unlike Damon, I don't believe Stefan slept with Rebekah for revenge. Had that been the case then they would have had sex at the end of 4.10. And until I am proven wrong, I still think that REbekah compelled Stefan to not care, which I believe also played a part in them sleeping together.

How was Stefan acting like Elena was a prize, when that was his girlfriend? Damon even bragged about how he would take Elena from Stefan. And I don't see the scene of one of them agreeing to leave as treating her as a prize. I say that because both of them are in love with her and I think Stefan felt like if she chose to be with his brother then he would back off and let them be together because staying in MF having to watch them be a couple would be too painful for him. Because Damon inserted himself into SE's relationship and didn't give them the space or respect while SE were together. But Stefan wants her to be cured and free of the sire bond because at least he will know that it was her choice to be with Damon and not the influence of the sire bond, which in my opinion makes the most sense. He never said that he will let Damon have her? What?

lol I know he's not. I already said he's changed. I'm not denying that at all. I just don't get what you mean by he's changed is all.

lol I know they didn't know about the bond at that point. Maybe he was just caught up in the moment? He didn't have time to process it, because he learned about the sire bond, then the lying to Stefan, he let her go, then the stuff with Jeremy. And now I think it'll be a waste of time if he question Elena, because she is still bonded to him, so he won't know what is real and what is his influence. Those questions should be asked after the sire bond is broken. That way he'll know the answers are truthful and not influenced by him.

Why do Stefan get to have a say in their relationship though? And how isn't making Damon invoke the sire bond equally taking away Elena's free will, as her being bonded to Damon? Either option takes away her free will. Maybe she wouldn't be happy that Damon leaves and makes her forget about him. Maybe her feelings are real, and she does love him. How is it fair to ask Damon to leave town and the girl he loves? Or how is it fair to Elena, if she does indeed love him? How do we know she wouldn't be heartbroken because Damon left? wasn't that speech she gave in s3 that she doesn't want to lose anyone else, and that choosing one of them would lose her the other. Wouldn't Damon leaving be her losing someone else she loves? I don't see how that was automatically the right, moral choice.

Huh? I said Damon didn't say anything until after Stefan didn't dagger Rebekah. And if Stefan can be a bitch to him, as you said, then Damon can be one right back and tell whatever he wants.

Stefan and Elena wasn't back together when that deal was made. Wasn't that the whole point of the choice thing in the finale, that she hadn't chosen anyone yet? I thought SE hadn't got back together until after the choice had been made.

EDIT: Oops.. Charlotte and the sire bond between D/E isn't the same at all though, is it? Wasn't that the point of the Charlotte thing? To show that, while, yes, D/E are sired bonded, it's not like the Charlotte one? The sire bond Charlotte was under was very literal, and we haven't seen that with Damon and Elena.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Yea, but if he was so caught up in the moment with Elena--but why wasn't he caught up in the moment with Katherine? The woman he spent over a decade being in love with and waiting for? It just makes no sense to me. And he never let Elena go, JP even said herself that he did not. He just sent her home. And I never said he should ask about her feelings now, but I was only referring to before they had sex, which they didn't even know about the bond.

I never said Stefan should interfere in their relationship, but at the point when they were in NO, Stefan didn't know they were even in a relationship. To him it was like they were there as people that were just in love with the same girl and were trying to find answers to help her out. So no, when Stefan suggested that, he had no idea about them having sex or being together at that point. And I never said that letting her go won't take away her free will, but that her free will was already gone at that point because of the sire bond. And Stefan never said leave and don't come back, because that would contradict him saying that if once the sire bond is broken and she still chooses Damon--then that's fine because he knows it will be her choice and what she wanted.

And as for Charlotte, at that point they didn't know how the sire bond would affect Elena and we don't know that in 70 years that Elena won't be at that point as well. I don't think that Charlotte was to show us that DE sire bond wasn't the same, I think it was just to show us a case of a vampire sire bond.

And my point was to say that Yea Damon didn't say anything about it until after Stefan said he didn't free REbekah, which was literally 1 minute after Damon walked in the room. The thing I notice about some DE fans is that they make things for Damon okay, while when Stefan does it, it's the end of the world. Damon kills Jeremy because he was hurt and it's awww poor Damon and Stefan is a dick to Damon because he screwed his gf, then it's boo, you suck Stefan. It's irritating, and I'm not directing that necessarily to you Damonic. It's just something I notice a lot.

I don't think Damon was being a bitch when said about SR sex, but to me only said it to put Stefan in a different light with Elena. That's just my opinion.'

Oh and wasn't saying that SE were together at that time. I was saying that how was Elena a prize to win, when in the beginning she was his girlfriend. He wasn't trying to get her because he had her, unlike Damon who had been trying to "win" Elena and even declaring he was going to take her from Stefan.

All I'm saying is that Damon, to me, is so different this season than the previous ones and it's not for the better. Just like I didn't care for Stefan mid season 3 up until the end of season 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:27 am

Because he was happy? IDK. I answered your question with my opinion. I think he just got caught up in the moment. Then all that other stuff happened. Let her go. Sent her home. Shrug.

Um, what would be the point of Damon telling Elena to never think of him again, forget about him, stop caring, but then the next day he run into her while still living in the same town? Nandi even said he would have to leave her after he sets her free. Otherwise him still being in mystic falls would still trigger the sire bond. My point was, how do we know that Elena would want that? Or once he leaves she won't be heartbroken? And if all her free will is gone, why has she been shown to not even listen to Damon on several occasions? Ehh.

Uh, maybe those Delena fans feel like that because every time Damon does something, everyone calls him out on it and hates him for it, but when Stefan does something nothing happens? Stefan threatens to drive Elena off the bridge. Nothing happens. He doesn't have to apologize or nothing. Matter of fact he is given a excuse. He made Klaus blink. he beat Klaus. He killed people last season. I didn't hear anyone bitching about that. He helped Jeremy kill chris this season. I didn't see anyone bitching about that. Everything is an excuse with him. Bloodlust. Klaus compelled him. What about after Klaus lifted the compulsion? What was his excuse then?

It's like nothing Stefan did last season happened. Damon snapped Jeremy's neck and it took a whole season to forgive him. She wasn't even ready to forgive him yet either by the end, but only forgave him because he was dying. Every time Damon kills someone, there is always bitching and moaning either from RL people or the characters from the show. When Stefan does it? Nothing. It's just the bloodlust, Lmao.

That seems to be the reason most of the delena fans I hang with on forums hate the guy. That's one of the reasons I do, but not my only reason.

But, ehh, agree to disagree. You have your views and I have mine. Don't worry though, God still loves you, and so do I. LOL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamonbaby
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-09-21
Team : Bonnie/GoodStorytelling

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:49 am

Damonic wrote:
Because he was happy? IDK. I answered your question with my opinion. I think he just got caught up in the moment. Then all that other stuff happened. Let her go. Sent her home. Shrug.

Um, what would be the point of Damon telling Elena to never think of him again, forget about him, stop caring, but then the next day he run into her while still living in the same town? Nandi even said he would have to leave her after he sets her free. Otherwise him still being in mystic falls would still trigger the sire bond. My point was, how do we know that Elena would want that? Or once he leaves she won't be heartbroken? And if all her free will is gone, why has she been shown to not even listen to Damon on several occasions? Ehh.

Uh, maybe those Delena fans feel like that because every time Damon does something, everyone calls him out on it and hates him for it, but when Stefan does something nothing happens? Stefan threatens to drive Elena off the bridge. Nothing happens. He doesn't have to apologize or nothing. Matter of fact he is given a excuse. He made Klaus blink. he beat Klaus. He killed people last season. I didn't hear anyone bitching about that. He helped Jeremy kill chris this season. I didn't see anyone bitching about that. Everything is an excuse with him. Bloodlust. Klaus compelled him. What about after Klaus lifted the compulsion? What was his excuse then?

It's like nothing Stefan did last season happened. Damon snapped Jeremy's neck and it took a whole season to forgive him. She wasn't even ready to forgive him yet either by the end, but only forgave him because he was dying. Every time Damon kills someone, there is always bitching and moaning either from RL people or the characters from the show. When Stefan does it? Nothing. It's just the bloodlust, Lmao.

That seems to be the reason most of the delena fans I hang with on forums hate the guy. That's one of the reasons I do, but not my only reason.

But, ehh, agree to disagree. You have your views and I have mine. Don't worry though, God still loves you, and so do I. LOL.

I am sorry but the internet blew up over the Chris thing and Stefan was call all type of stuff (I would know I was rant and calling him all sort of names). Stefan got alot flack for the bridge incident also and lost alot of fans after the Abby incident. Maybe you just hang on the wrong sites but the fandom does call Stefan out.

IMO Damon gets called out because fans always make everything about him and that to me is annoying like the whole Jeremy neck snapping thing , he just snapped Jeremy's neck for no good reason but all people were saying was poor Damon? Same thing when he killed Alaric for annoying him. But overall Stefan actually feels remorse over his actions (for the most part) like with the bridge thing when he realize he had gone too far. Damon has never show remorse over what he does unless it affects Elena being mad for him for the two seconds and goes to her with his apologies he needs to make to other people as apologizing to Elena's simple minded behind don't make difference if he obviously keeps doing it. And now people are getting upset because the writers are doing some revisionist ish by stating everything he did had purpose. I want Damon to be redeem more than any other but don't buy bullcrap (like I don't buy that bs flashback DE had in the season 3 finale). That line applied to Klaus, not to Damon and it ridiculous that they had Klaus asking anything related Caroline to Damon (now I am more of the writers being thoughtless here as I assume Klaus does not know Caroline and Damon's history, why would he, the writers just want to pretend that didn't happen). Again I am all for redemption arc but the writers are butchering it as they are making characters bend to Damon instead making Damon put in the effort to mend those relationships.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:37 am

bamonbaby wrote:
Damonic wrote:
Because he was happy? IDK. I answered your question with my opinion. I think he just got caught up in the moment. Then all that other stuff happened. Let her go. Sent her home. Shrug.

Um, what would be the point of Damon telling Elena to never think of him again, forget about him, stop caring, but then the next day he run into her while still living in the same town? Nandi even said he would have to leave her after he sets her free. Otherwise him still being in mystic falls would still trigger the sire bond. My point was, how do we know that Elena would want that? Or once he leaves she won't be heartbroken? And if all her free will is gone, why has she been shown to not even listen to Damon on several occasions? Ehh.

Uh, maybe those Delena fans feel like that because every time Damon does something, everyone calls him out on it and hates him for it, but when Stefan does something nothing happens? Stefan threatens to drive Elena off the bridge. Nothing happens. He doesn't have to apologize or nothing. Matter of fact he is given a excuse. He made Klaus blink. he beat Klaus. He killed people last season. I didn't hear anyone bitching about that. He helped Jeremy kill chris this season. I didn't see anyone bitching about that. Everything is an excuse with him. Bloodlust. Klaus compelled him. What about after Klaus lifted the compulsion? What was his excuse then?

It's like nothing Stefan did last season happened. Damon snapped Jeremy's neck and it took a whole season to forgive him. She wasn't even ready to forgive him yet either by the end, but only forgave him because he was dying. Every time Damon kills someone, there is always bitching and moaning either from RL people or the characters from the show. When Stefan does it? Nothing. It's just the bloodlust, Lmao.

That seems to be the reason most of the delena fans I hang with on forums hate the guy. That's one of the reasons I do, but not my only reason.

But, ehh, agree to disagree. You have your views and I have mine. Don't worry though, God still loves you, and so do I. LOL.

I am sorry but the internet blew up over the Chris thing and Stefan was call all type of stuff (I would know I was rant and calling him all sort of names). Stefan got alot flack for the bridge incident also and lost alot of fans after the Abby incident. Maybe you just hang on the wrong sites but the fandom does call Stefan out.

IMO Damon gets called out because fans always make everything about him and that to me is annoying like the whole Jeremy neck snapping thing , he just snapped Jeremy's neck for no good reason but all people were saying was poor Damon? Same thing when he killed Alaric for annoying him. But overall Stefan actually feels remorse over his actions (for the most part) like with the bridge thing when he realize he had gone too far. Damon has never show remorse over what he does unless it affects Elena being mad for him for the two seconds and goes to her with his apologies he needs to make to other people as apologizing to Elena's simple minded behind don't make difference if he obviously keeps doing it. And now people are getting upset because the writers are doing some revisionist ish by stating everything he did had purpose. I want Damon to be redeem more than any other but don't buy bullcrap (like I don't buy that bs flashback DE had in the season 3 finale). That line applied to Klaus, not to Damon and it ridiculous that they had Klaus asking anything related Caroline to Damon (now I am more of the writers being thoughtless here as I assume Klaus does not know Caroline and Damon's history, why would he, the writers just want to pretend that didn't happen). Again I am all for redemption arc but the writers are butchering it as they are making characters bend to Damon instead making Damon put in the effort to mend those relationships.

The fandom, sure, but I also said the characters in the show. And I was talking about the characters in the show not calling him out. And even if Klaus had heard about what happened between Damon and Caroline, what could he possibly do or say about it? He's done way worse stuff to other people, so what right would he have to get pissed at something he does? And you say Damon has no remorse for the things he do? What about Klaus? he never feels bad for anything he does. So why would he hurt Damon or whatever over something Damon did to Caroline?

When the JNSI happened, I wasn't a part of this fandom so I don't know about that. But I know for sure I didn't say "poor Damon". I was actually pissed because he did that. I thought it was childish of him to take out Elena not loving him on Jeremy, a innocent bystander.

So the bad with a purpose line applies more to klaus? So everything Klaus does has a purpose? If that line was silly for Damon, then it's equally silly for Klaus. Klaus, like Damon, does things that has no purpose. And Klaus, like Damon, does things and don't show remorse.

And personally, I thought that line wasn't to somehow rewrite all of Damon's actions or whatever. I thought it was referring to how he does bad things for good reasons, when it comes to protecting the people he loves, or when he does things the others disagree with that cause collateral damage. I thought it referred to a lot of his plans, not all his stupid actions that serve no purpose. Obv a lot of the time he does stuff that serves no purpose whatsoever, and he doesn't have to do it. I didn't think it applied to everything Damon ever did, because, it has been shown that a lot of the times he's just being stupid and impulsive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:32 am

But how would we know that Elena doesn't want that? We don't, my point is that Elena has NO free will--words from the JP herself--she just has the Illusion of free will. So it is fact that she has no free will.

Damon fans do the same thing though. I see it all the time from Damon/De fans, constantly making excuses for Damon, so you can't just say oh Stefan fans make everything about him. You have said that you don't go to places where SE fans or Stefans are because you hate that ship and character, so how would you know how they reacted? I actually like both characters and visit places where both of their fans are and I know for a fact that the same thing you accuse Stefan fans for, Damon fans do the exact same thing. I hold every character accountable for their actions, like I said i didn't care for Stefan most of season 3. And I almost forgot about the Chris thing, but if you go back and read the posts under that episode thread, I was pissed with Stefan for that. So, just because you don't see Stefan fans bitching about it, then like bamonbaby said you are visiting the wrong places because how can you see them bitching when you don't go to pro SE/Stefan places? And to be completely honest, I see more Stefan fans call Stefan out than I see Damon fans call him out.

Damonic- You know it's quite funny that you say it's like nothing Stefan did last season happened, but the same can be said about Damon from season 1. The show constantly tries to downplay how Damon was. Just like that bullshit line he gave Klaus about being bad with a purpose. Damon hasn't done most of anything for a purpose. Klaus, however, everything we seen him do on the show had a purpose. And I can't believe I'm defending Klaus, cause I don't like him much, but he had a purpose for his actions as fugged up as they may have been. So, do you not think that Damon fans make excuses for his actions? Kill Jeremy? He was mad. Abuse Caroline? She wanted it. Forced blood on Elena? He loves her so much, can't live without her. Tries to kill Matt? He was mad. Do you not think those are excuses?
And as for the characters in the show I don't believe any of her friends knew about the WBI, or were there to really witness him being a dick, and Bonnie definitely wasn't running into Stefan's arms when they turned her mom into a vampire. And why would they be for Damon when Damon has shown them more bad than good. Damon really only shows his good parts to Elena, while Stefan has gone out of his way to help/protect them. And yes, Damon saved Caroline from a wolf bite, but in her eyes that don't take away from the abuse he did to her, even Jp said Caroline has no reason to like Damon. As for Matt, he has tried to kill Matt more than once, has killed Jeremy, tried to kill Bonnie, and gives not a care about Tyler. So again, why would they care about him? So, although, us viewers can see the good in Damon, the characters for the most part don't get to see that. Like Jeremy said, he only doing for Elena and I am sure that the others feel the same.

Stefan is no better than Damon and Damon is no better than Stefan on the level of doing horrible things, like killing. The thing is that your actions define who you are. Anybody can be good and anybody can be bad because we all have that in us. We have seen it on the show first hand, but the thing is that Damon ultimately didn't want to be good and so he gives a bad boy persona, and Stefan wants to be good because he cares about people and not just about Elena and so for the most part he does just that. Damon, however, cares about Elena and gives no f^cks about collateral damage. However, this season the seems to be trying to switch the role of the brothers. For instance the whole Chris thing with Stefan--Earlier seasons, Stefan wouldn't have done that to someone who only helped them. And Damon, with actually not letting Matt get killed by the vamps in 4x11. Old Damon would have been like IDGAF lol, like how he did when they would kill Klaus if they weren't from his BL, even if it mean killing Tyler too. And yes, Stefan has his bad moments and Damon has his good moments, but having moments don't make you good/bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 26
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:41 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
But how would we know that Elena doesn't want that? We don't, my point is that Elena has NO free will--words from the JP herself--she just has the Illusion of free will. So it is fact that she has no free will.

Damon fans do the same thing though. I see it all the time from Damon/De fans, constantly making excuses for Damon, so you can't just say oh Stefan fans make everything about him. You have said that you don't go to places where SE fans or Stefans are because you hate that ship and character, so how would you know how they reacted? I actually like both characters and visit places where both of their fans are and I know for a fact that the same thing you accuse Stefan fans for, Damon fans do the exact same thing. I hold every character accountable for their actions, like I said i didn't care for Stefan most of season 3. And I almost forgot about the Chris thing, but if you go back and read the posts under that episode thread, I was pissed with Stefan for that. So, just because you don't see Stefan fans bitching about it, then like bamonbaby said you are visiting the wrong places because how can you see them bitching when you don't go to pro SE/Stefan places? And to be completely honest, I see more Stefan fans call Stefan out than I see Damon fans call him out.

Damonic- You know it's quite funny that you say it's like nothing Stefan did last season happened, but the same can be said about Damon from season 1. The show constantly tries to downplay how Damon was. Just like that bullshit line he gave Klaus about being bad with a purpose. Damon hasn't done most of anything for a purpose. Klaus, however, everything we seen him do on the show had a purpose. And I can't believe I'm defending Klaus, cause I don't like him much, but he had a purpose for his actions as fugged up as they may have been. So, do you not think that Damon fans make excuses for his actions? Kill Jeremy? He was mad. Abuse Caroline? She wanted it. Forced blood on Elena? He loves her so much, can't live without her. Tries to kill Matt? He was mad. Do you not think those are excuses?
And as for the characters in the show I don't believe any of her friends knew about the WBI, or were there to really witness him being a dick, and Bonnie definitely wasn't running into Stefan's arms when they turned her mom into a vampire. And why would they be for Damon when Damon has shown them more bad than good. Damon really only shows his good parts to Elena, while Stefan has gone out of his way to help/protect them. And yes, Damon saved Caroline from a wolf bite, but in her eyes that don't take away from the abuse he did to her, even Jp said Caroline has no reason to like Damon. As for Matt, he has tried to kill Matt more than once, has killed Jeremy, tried to kill Bonnie, and gives not a care about Tyler. So again, why would they care about him? So, although, us viewers can see the good in Damon, the characters for the most part don't get to see that. Like Jeremy said, he only doing for Elena and I am sure that the others feel the same.

Stefan is no better than Damon and Damon is no better than Stefan on the level of doing horrible things, like killing. The thing is that your actions define who you are. Anybody can be good and anybody can be bad because we all have that in us. We have seen it on the show first hand, but the thing is that Damon ultimately didn't want to be good and so he gives a bad boy persona, and Stefan wants to be good because he cares about people and not just about Elena and so for the most part he does just that. Damon, however, cares about Elena and gives no f^cks about collateral damage. However, this season the seems to be trying to switch the role of the brothers. For instance the whole Chris thing with Stefan--Earlier seasons, Stefan wouldn't have done that to someone who only helped them. And Damon, with actually not letting Matt get killed by the vamps in 4x11. Old Damon would have been like IDGAF lol, like how he did when they would kill Klaus if they weren't from his BL, even if it mean killing Tyler too. And yes, Stefan has his bad moments and Damon has his good moments, but having moments don't make you good/bad.


LOL ok. Elena is so broken up over this sire bond she begged Damon not to invoke it? She's so broken up about this sire bond she's not even questioning it? She's so broken up about this sire bond she doesn't want the cure? And since we love quoting JP, what about her quote that said Elena has evidence that her feelings are real? And just like you told me I don't know for sure that Elena doesn't want Damon to leave town to break the bond, at least until the cure is found, you don't know for sure she do. Like I said before, wasn't the whole point of the choice and Elena stalling because she doesn't want to lose anyone else she cares about? How would, even temporarily, Elena be okay with Damon leaving when she cares about him? We don't know how long this cure would take to find. We don't know if it's really real.

I love how you clump together all delena fans in this paragraph. Nice. What excuses do I make for Damon? I specifically said in my other post, that I was mad at Damon for JNSI. What excuse did I make? I was mad at Damon for forcing his blood on Elena. I was mad at Damon for snapping Alaric's neck. I was mad at Damon for seemingly getting Bonnie killed, until he revealed it was fake. I was mad at Damon for killing Jessica. I even said in the previous post, that Damon killing Jeremy because Elena hurt his little feelings was dumb. So because Elena and Katherine doesn't return his love, that gives him the right to lash out?

Caroline? LOL. I even said in another post awhile back, that she has an reason to hate him because of s1. Where did I say she wanted it?

And, at the beginning of this season during 4x01, I even came on here and made a post about Damon attacking Matt in the premiere. I thought it was stupid for him to lash out at Matt, when, Matt did the same thing Damon himself would do in that situation. How is Elena life more important than Matt's? I even said the same thing when Chris was killed. So yeah, what excuses do I make for Damon?

I know Damon has flaws. I know Damon does stupid things for no reason. I know Damon is morally gray and doesn't care about collateral damage. I know Damon is impulsive. I know Damon messes up a lot of the time. I know Damon can be a ass 99% of the time. I, and other delena fans I guess, love him because he's flawed. Because he makes mistakes like we do in real life. Because he doesn't hide the fact that no matter what, good or bad, he's going to do whatever it takes to protect those he loves. I love Damon because he loves with his whole heart. He's willing to be the bad guy, and have everyone hate him, but whatever the cost he'll do what he needs to do. I love that he doesn't pretend to be good. That what you see is what you get with him.

And my bad for making assumptions about SE fans. I don't go on SE boards or whatever, so I honestly don't know so sorry for assuming. But the characters don't call Stefan out, but calls Damon out on his shit.

Sometimes I think people just look for reasons to hate Damon. So he says one line about being bad with a purpose, and suddenly, oh noes they are retconning all of Damon's stupid choices. I didn't take that at all to mean that, suddenly all of the stupid, impulsive stuff Damon did was for a purpose. I took it to mean stuff that actually had a purpose, like Bonnie and him in s2. Or the Elijah stuff. Or when he saved Stefan. Or him coming to get Katherine out the tomb. I didn't take it to mean him using and feeding off Andie had purpose. Or Caroline. Or killing those people in s1, like Coach Tanner. But I guess, people think what they want. So if y'all think that's what that's for, By all means, go ahead. Personal opinion and all that jazz.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:44 pm

I'm not sure what you are getting at by the first paragraph, so I will not touch too much on it. I will say though, that I don't recall that particular quote from JP, but I do remember her saying that Elena believes her feelings are real. But it's pretty irrelevant because we won't know if she is in love with Damon until after the bond is broken.

Actually, I wasn't trying to clump all DE fans together. I was only responding to how you responded about making assumptions about SE fans. So, I was saying that DE fans do that too, obviously I wasn't saying All of them do because I don't know all of them, so if you were offended, then my apologies.

I clearly wasn't saying that you made those excuses for Damon, I was saying that Damon didn't have a purpose for doing those things, unlike Klaus who had a purpose as f^cked up as they are. And I wouldn't consider what he and Bonnie did as something bad, had he let her kill herself for real then yea, what he did was actually a good thing in that scenario. I just hate the fact that you are twisting what I said as if I said you made those excuses or Damon, when I never said that.

Thing about it is that I don't hate Damon. I don't like him as much this season, but I by no means hate him. I call him out on his shit just like I do any other character on this show. And you can say that people find reasons to hate Damon, but the EXACT same thing is done about Stefan by some DE fans. I will never understand this fandom, I swear. Because the same thing some DE fans accuse other fans of doing, they do the exact same thing to Stefan/SE.

And trust me when I say that one line is not the reason those of us that feel that the show is pretending like season 1 didn't happen, many fans and not just SE fans have been saying this since as early as last season. I just used that as ONE example. But, you just keep taking one part of what i'm saying and making it something that I didn't say. But yea anyway, I'm done debating about Damon. You love him, cool. I wasn't trying to change your mind about that because I like him myself. So Agreeing to disagree and i'm not responding to this particular subject anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Damon Salvatore   

Back to top Go down
 
Damon Salvatore
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Vampire Diaries :: Character Discussion-
Jump to: