Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Will you like Vampire Diaries Caroline's Daylight Lapis ring
Battleship EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 am by aoshi

» Gilbert love: Elena and Jeremy
Battleship EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:54 am by heartisreeling

» FanFictions
Battleship EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:38 pm by Riana Salvatore

» Season 5 interview with Caroline Dries
Battleship EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:40 am by aoshi

» Vote for The Vampire Diaries at TWOP's Tubey Awards!
Battleship EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 4:09 pm by OneSweetVamp

» Paul wesley(Stefan) and Torrey Devitto(Meredith fell) decide to split
Battleship EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 pm by aoshi

» Episode 4x23 [Graduation]
Battleship EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 pm by CEllington

» Chat Thread
Battleship EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 4:16 pm by aoshi

» Teen Wolf!
Battleship EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:19 pm by roar33

Gallery
Battleship Empty
Spotlight On:
Photobucket Jeanet Kristensen Born and rasied in Denmark, Aarhus. Started drawing in kindergarden, Education in Multimedia Design Interests Captian American TVD Personal Website Deviantart Page

Battleship

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
KrayBaby

Team : Bonnie

Battleship Empty
PostSubject: Battleship   Battleship EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:11 pm

I guess we don't watch many movies lol.

But I saw this movie BAttleship for the first time this weekend and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. REally nice movie
Back to top Go down
YumYumOnigiri
Admin
Admin
YumYumOnigiri

Battleship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleship   Battleship EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:39 pm

I thought I wouldn't like it... since it being made because of the board game lol. However I found that i enjoyed it a lot more then I though I would. I would pay to see it in theaters a bunch of times but I will get the dvd Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://mystic-grill.forumotion.com
torilee07
torilee07

Team : Bonnie Bennett & Rebekah Mikaelson

Battleship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleship   Battleship EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 7:56 am

I wanted to see it because of Taylor Kitshe (love him!) but never got around to seeing it. Is it good? How was Rihanna's acting in it? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about her performance.
Back to top Go down
http://torilee07.tumblr.com
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
KrayBaby

Battleship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleship   Battleship EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 10:51 am

I really liked it. I had never wanted to see the movie because it just seemed silly but a few people had told me how good it was so I gave it a shot. I was so pleasantly surprised. It's really a touching film, it had me a bit teary eyed by the end TBH.

Rihanna's acting was okay, her role didn't really call for superb acting though. She was silly and goofy, and serious when needed. She didn't have any big speaking lines or anything. She did okay though.
Back to top Go down
gellerbing

gellerbing

Team : Stefan

Battleship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleship   Battleship EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:34 pm

funny enough my fiance is watching this right this moment for the 4th time, i watched it once and that was enough Laughing
Back to top Go down
bamonbaby
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
bamonbaby

Team : Bonnie/GoodStorytelling

Battleship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleship   Battleship EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:01 pm

It a horrible film. My school tv show plans to film fail it in our next episode. Hasbro needs to stop. I actually had hopes it would be good because it had a solid cast but boy was this a stinker.
Back to top Go down
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
KrayBaby

Battleship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleship   Battleship EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:39 pm

Well, I enjoyed it. It wasn't the best film ever, but I liked it. I wouldn't see it at the movies nor buy the DVD, but I really liked the story. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
bamonbaby
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
bamonbaby

Battleship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleship   Battleship EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:24 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
Well, I enjoyed it. It wasn't the best film ever, but I liked it. I wouldn't see it at the movies nor buy the DVD, but I really liked the story. *shrugs*

It not good movie then if I won't consider buying it or seeing it again, at least for me to classify as good it means I would buy it on DVD (like I am one of those folks who actually enjoys Queen of the Damned if one not considers it to be an Anne Rice adaptation). That makes it an okay film. Like I said I actually thought this would be good but it failed in areas that shouldn't had failed. Liam was so underused. I fricking love Taylor but I couldn't root for him (fingers cross for John Carter 2). I also don't see no excuse for the bad filmmaking in this film just because it is based off a game. Pirates of Caribbean is based off a crappy ride and yet is a great film (so once that happen things like Battleship in my book shouldn't happen).

I am probably more critical for films because I want to produce them and love filmmaking. Like I said on Resident Evil, I think this was just created to take your money, not tell a good story.

The only cast members I didn't like was Rihanna and Brooklyn Decker (the later was not needed in my opinion).
Back to top Go down
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
KrayBaby

Battleship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleship   Battleship EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:40 am

Never said it was good or bad, I said I liked and enjoyed it. I also never said I would never watch it again. I said that I wouldn't buy the DVD, because I rarely buy DVD's anymore, and I said I wouldn't see it at the movies.You didn't like it, and that's perfectly okay.

The movies that you pointed out that you liked or loved, I hated so it's all just a matter of opinion and taste really. The movie was made to entertain, and for me it did. You're expectations are different, and I can respect that.
Back to top Go down
bamonbaby
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
bamonbaby

Battleship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleship   Battleship EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 3:21 pm

It was made to make money, not entertain.

John Carter is great film, disney advertised horribly though so I went with low expectations but then again I am fan of the book and I really like sci-fi movies.

You can enjoy it but to me, this film only appeals to people who can argue that the action was good and I need more than just things blowing up sustain me. Hey there are folks who like the Transformer films (I do think Battleship was better than those). I can understand as I believe most folks are aware those movies are not good (if you tell me you thought X-Men 3:The Last Stand was good, I would say you need your head examined).

This film was Epic Film Fail like I said once Pirates of Caribbean got made, there is no excuse for this film.

I do buy DVDs, so a film has to be good for me buy it on dvd as it means I support the film and want to listen to all that bonus material (I that weirdo that likes to listen to commentary...blame the LOTR cast commentary for that one).

I guess I see what you mean...I enjoyed Brave (despite the fact it is the weakest Pixar film imo) but not enough to buy it but if it happen to be on tv, I wouldn't mind watching it.
Back to top Go down
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
KrayBaby

Battleship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleship   Battleship EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 3:40 pm

But it's entertainment, regardless of if it was made to make money. Like I said, I never said the movie was a good movie. I said I enjoyed it, it wasn't an A+ movie and I never had expectations that it would be. In any case, you hated it and I enjoyed it, nothing else needs to be said. Because at the end of the day, everyone has an opinion and because we are not the same our opinions will vary depending on many factors, and that is all I will say about that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battleship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battleship   Battleship Empty

Back to top Go down

Battleship
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lounge :: Movies-
Jump to: