HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Will you like Vampire Diaries Caroline's Daylight Lapis ring
Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 am by aoshi

» Gilbert love: Elena and Jeremy
Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:54 am by heartisreeling

» FanFictions
Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:38 pm by Riana Salvatore

» Season 5 interview with Caroline Dries
Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:40 am by aoshi

» Vote for The Vampire Diaries at TWOP's Tubey Awards!
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:09 pm by OneSweetVamp

» Paul wesley(Stefan) and Torrey Devitto(Meredith fell) decide to split
Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 pm by aoshi

» Episode 4x23 [Graduation]
Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 pm by CEllington

» Chat Thread
Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:16 pm by aoshi

» Teen Wolf!
Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:19 pm by roar33

Spotlight On:
Photobucket Jeanet Kristensen Born and rasied in Denmark, Aarhus. Started drawing in kindergarden, Education in Multimedia Design Interests Captian American TVD Personal Website Deviantart Page

Share | 
 

 Tyler Lockwood

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
YumYumOnigiri
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 266
Join date : 2012-09-19
Location : The World
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Tyler Lockwood   Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Discuss the rebel Tyler Lockwood
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mystic-grill.forumotion.com
ginbell
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2012-09-21
Location : TAGS
Team : Bonnie Bennett / Bamon

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Tyler where did his Family get the werewolf thing from is he related to the Old werewolves who where there when Klaus was?
Would like to know more about Tyler as a Person .
Are there any more Lockwood's in the Family that are Werewolves can they form a Family Pack and if so Can Tyler be the Leader of this Pack ?

_________________
BONNIE BENNETT IS THE QUEEN OF ALL OTHER QUEENS


Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheTVDLover
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 28
Team : Baroline

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:10 pm

ginbell wrote:
Tyler where did his Family get the werewolf thing from is he related to the Old werewolves who where there when Klaus was?
Would like to know more about Tyler as a Person .
Are there any more Lockwood's in the Family that are Werewolves can they form a Family Pack and if so Can Tyler be the Leader of this Pack ?

His got to find a pack first... It would be neat if he took over his uncles old pack, though still has a lot to learn about being a werewolf. I feel like this season9 at least the first half) for Tyler is going to be more about the girls then his supernatural gifts.

Maybe the second half we will see something new for him but I doubt it.

_________________


<3 ~*~ Bonnie Bennett~*~ <3

The True Hero
Back to top Go down
View user profile
torilee07
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 223
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 24
Location : Australia
Team : Bonnie Bennett & Rebekah Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Does anyone else think turning Tyler into a hybrid was a big mistake? It's like he's not the same now that he is a vampire and a werewolf. I liked him better when he was just a werewolf.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://torilee07.tumblr.com
TheTVDLover
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 28
Team : Baroline

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:44 am

torilee07 wrote:
Does anyone else think turning Tyler into a hybrid was a big mistake? It's like he's not the same now that he is a vampire and a werewolf. I liked him better when he was just a werewolf.

I think it happen so fast... I mean we didn't even get to enjoy watching him learn about being a werewolf, and all the development he did we didn't get to see Sad It would have been nice to see him come into his own .

Maybe we will see some of that once klaus is out of the picture though I doubt it, tyler development is lacking all we are getting is this love triangle and it seems like a waste for him.

_________________


<3 ~*~ Bonnie Bennett~*~ <3

The True Hero
Back to top Go down
View user profile
torilee07
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 223
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 24
Location : Australia
Team : Bonnie Bennett & Rebekah Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:01 am

TheTVDLover wrote:
torilee07 wrote:
Does anyone else think turning Tyler into a hybrid was a big mistake? It's like he's not the same now that he is a vampire and a werewolf. I liked him better when he was just a werewolf.

I think it happen so fast... I mean we didn't even get to enjoy watching him learn about being a werewolf, and all the development he did we didn't get to see Sad It would have been nice to see him come into his own .

Maybe we will see some of that once klaus is out of the picture though I doubt it, tyler development is lacking all we are getting is this love triangle and it seems like a waste for him.
Agreed.

I hate how Tyler (and Jeremy) were completely pushed aside this season because of the Originals, mostly Klaus. Klaus is quickly running his course IMO.

Hopefully season4 will be good for Tyler in terms of development (and not romantic development). Actually, TVD should just drop the romantic aspect for a while and focus on the characters and who they are not who they are with and who they are with them, you know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://torilee07.tumblr.com
ginbell
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2012-09-21
Location : TAGS
Team : Bonnie Bennett / Bamon

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:30 am

ITA TORILEE

_________________
BONNIE BENNETT IS THE QUEEN OF ALL OTHER QUEENS


Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:05 am

torilee07 wrote:
TheTVDLover wrote:
torilee07 wrote:
Does anyone else think turning Tyler into a hybrid was a big mistake? It's like he's not the same now that he is a vampire and a werewolf. I liked him better when he was just a werewolf.

I think it happen so fast... I mean we didn't even get to enjoy watching him learn about being a werewolf, and all the development he did we didn't get to see Sad It would have been nice to see him come into his own .

Maybe we will see some of that once klaus is out of the picture though I doubt it, tyler development is lacking all we are getting is this love triangle and it seems like a waste for him.
Agreed.

I hate how Tyler (and Jeremy) were completely pushed aside this season because of the Originals, mostly Klaus. Klaus is quickly running his course IMO.

Hopefully season4 will be good for Tyler in terms of development (and not romantic development). Actually, TVD should just drop the romantic aspect for a while and focus on the characters and who they are not who they are with and who they are with them, you know what I mean?

I agree. I really like Tyler so I surely hope this season will be good for him like season 2 was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YumYumOnigiri
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 266
Join date : 2012-09-19
Location : The World
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:52 pm

i don't like how they developed him off screen. When you look back at s1 for both he and Jeremy. they both have changed a quite bit but we never got to see it. Out of all the characters I think these to have changed the most from where they started season one but are yet still so underdevloped.

How that happens I don't know, but I do want to see more development for Tyler I don't want to have a girl thrown at him i what character developmet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mystic-grill.forumotion.com
torilee07
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 223
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 24
Location : Australia
Team : Bonnie Bennett & Rebekah Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:46 pm

YumYumOnigiri wrote:
i don't like how they developed him off screen. When you look back at s1 for both he and Jeremy. they both have changed a quite bit but we never got to see it. Out of all the characters I think these to have changed the most from where they started season one but are yet still so underdevloped.

How that happens I don't know, but I do want to see more development for Tyler I don't want to have a girl thrown at him i what character developmet.
Tyler, Jeremy, Matt and Bonnie are the four characters that seem to get shafted off screen for important development the most Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://torilee07.tumblr.com
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Especially Matt, lol. At least we usually know where the others are off-screen. We never know about Matt, he's just in and out. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheTVDLover
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 28
Team : Baroline

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:55 pm

I never did understand that how they could leave Bonnie, Matt, Tyler and Jeremy out so much. It always bothered me to no end because this are character that are important to the story and yet they always seem to be the ones that people tend not to care about.

If they put the same about of time into them as they do with ... The Orginals then I think people would see how much worth they have.

_________________


<3 ~*~ Bonnie Bennett~*~ <3

The True Hero
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Right, that's why I think people have such a hard time liking and connecting with them because their development is off-screen and most people don't want to work that hard to figure out a tv show to see how a character has changed or see their growth. They would rather see what's visible and right in front of them. Since Damon is the most visible character that has had development, that's who most people like. While other great characters get the short end of the stick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
torilee07
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 223
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 24
Location : Australia
Team : Bonnie Bennett & Rebekah Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:10 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
Right, that's why I think people have such a hard time liking and connecting with them because their development is off-screen and most people don't want to work that hard to figure out a tv show to see how a character has changed or see their growth. They would rather see what's visible and right in front of them. Since Damon is the most visible character that has had development, that's who most people like. While other great characters get the short end of the stick.

All of this basically. Bonnie, Tyler, Jeremy and Matt are the characters that get the most hate and they are the ones with the worst development. Stefan and Elena get quite a bit too, but they also get a fair share of development (not the right kind IMO though).

People aren't able to connect with those 4 because they are never given the chance to do something that makes to audience connect with them. They had the perfect opportunity with Bonnie three times but never did. First when her Grams' died. We could have seen her grieve but they decided to send her off screen. Second when Abby was turned. I would have liked to have seen Abby make the decision and Bonnie's response to it and third when she had that emotional break down outside the Mikaelson mansion but she got sent off screen after that.

Anyway, back to Tyler (got a little off topic), he's also been given some good opportunities but they (the writers) have never expanded on them. I hate that two seasons in a row he was sent away for 4+ episodes to deal with something that could have happened onscreen and allowed the audience to connect with him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://torilee07.tumblr.com
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:47 pm

I agree with everything you said torilee, but about Tyler you are so right.

Like, why couldn't they show him in season 2 leaving with Jules and her taking him to meet some other werewolves and see how pack life is? Or in season 3 show him setting up in the mountains and him going through at least 1 transformation. It doesn't take much.

I understand these are supporting characters but we wouldn't have a show without them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
torilee07
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 223
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 24
Location : Australia
Team : Bonnie Bennett & Rebekah Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:04 pm

Tyler came back more confident I noticed so it would have been nice to see how that happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://torilee07.tumblr.com
TheTVDLover
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 28
Team : Baroline

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:59 pm

torilee07 wrote:
Tyler came back more confident I noticed so it would have been nice to see how that happened.

Oh I totally agree with that, I hope that we get to see more on screen development... all this off screen stuff is crap Mad

_________________


<3 ~*~ Bonnie Bennett~*~ <3

The True Hero
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi
avatar

Posts : 356
Join date : 2012-09-25
Age : 22
Location : Scotland
Team : Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:27 pm

I'm a huge Tyler fan Smile I prefered him as a werewolf but I still love him as a hybrid! I wish they kept him a werewolf for longer though, there are still a few unanswered questions which I wonder about. I only wish he had more fans Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
torilee07
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 223
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 24
Location : Australia
Team : Bonnie Bennett & Rebekah Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Tyler is a very under appreciated character Crying or Very sad

And unfortunately he's been paired of with the most popular character on the show and if he does something wrong the fandom bashes him. I can't believe he got blamed and hated on for biting Caroline when Klaus forced him to do it Rolling Eyes

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://torilee07.tumblr.com
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi
avatar

Posts : 356
Join date : 2012-09-25
Age : 22
Location : Scotland
Team : Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:50 pm

torilee07 wrote:
Tyler is a very under appreciated character Crying or Very sad

And unfortunately he's been paired of with the most popular character on the show and if he does something wrong the fandom bashes him. I can't believe he got blamed and hated on for biting Caroline when Klaus forced him to do it Rolling Eyes
Tyler and Bonnie are the punchbags of the show, if other characters do something wrong, most of the time they are forgiven, Tyler and Bonnie get the worst things happening to them and if they do the slightest thing wrong, they get a load of abuse! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 105
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:59 pm

This is true. It really sucks, maybe if they weren't always sent to off-screenville, maybe others could appreciate and see what they bring to the show. Here is to hoping that season 4 will be a good year for these 2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi
avatar

Posts : 356
Join date : 2012-09-25
Age : 22
Location : Scotland
Team : Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:05 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
This is true. It really sucks, maybe if they weren't always sent to off-screenville, maybe others could appreciate and see what they bring to the show. Here is to hoping that season 4 will be a good year for these 2.
I hope for that too Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YumYumOnigiri
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 266
Join date : 2012-09-19
Location : The World
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:34 pm

roar33 wrote:

Tyler and Bonnie are the punchbags of the show, if other characters do something wrong, most of the time they are forgiven, Tyler and Bonnie get the worst things happening to them and if they do the slightest thing wrong, they get a load of abuse! Evil or Very Mad

I always find this funny, people will come with every reasoning they can to hate on these two when many of the things they have done are no where near as bad as what characters like Damon, Klaus or Stefan have done. I don't think they need to be perfect, I think all characters need flaws but i think it's unfair to be so harder on some and not on others.

I know it goes back to viewing our favorites in a better light but i try to be objective, i don't think you should make excuses for them ... but that might be just me lol


Last edited by YumYumOnigiri on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mystic-grill.forumotion.com
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi
avatar

Posts : 356
Join date : 2012-09-25
Age : 22
Location : Scotland
Team : Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:17 pm

YumYumOnigiri wrote:
roar33 wrote:

Tyler and Bonnie are the punchbags of the show, if other characters do something wrong, most of the time they are forgiven, Tyler and Bonnie get the worst things happening to them and if they do the slightest thing wrong, they get a load of abuse! Evil or Very Mad

I always find this funny, people will oome with every reasoning they can to hate on these two when many of the things they have done are no where near as bad as what characters like Damo, Klaus or Stefan have done. I don't think they need to be perfect, I think all characters need flaws but i think it's unfair to be so harder on some and not on others.

I know it goes back to viewing our favorites in a better light but i try to be objective, i don't think you should make excuses for them ... but that might be just me lol
i agree with you too, everyone has their favourite and non-favourite characters, which is fine of course, but I get annoyed when people twist what other characters do to make their characters look better like...
'Tyler is such a bad person for biting Caroline, that's why i ship Klaus and Caroline'
KLAUS TOLD TYLER TO BITE CAROLINE
'Bonnie is a terrible person, she's always so mean to Damon'
THAT'S BECAUSE HE KEEPS KILLING PEOPLE SHE CARES ABOUT

rant over Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YumYumOnigiri
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 266
Join date : 2012-09-19
Location : The World
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:52 pm

roar33 wrote:


I always find this funny, people will oome with every reasoning they can to hate on these two when many of the things they have done are no where near as bad as what characters like Damo, Klaus or Stefan have done. I don't think they need to be perfect, I think all characters need flaws but i think it's unfair to be so harder on some and not on others.

I know it goes back to viewing our favorites in a better light but i try to be objective, i don't think you should make excuses for them ... but that might be just me lol
i agree with you too, everyone has their favourite and non-favourite characters, which is fine of course, but I get annoyed when people twist what other characters do to make their characters look better like...
'Tyler is such a bad person for biting Caroline, that's why i ship Klaus and Caroline'
KLAUS TOLD TYLER TO BITE CAROLINE
'Bonnie is a terrible person, she's always so mean to Damon'
THAT'S BECAUSE HE KEEPS KILLING PEOPLE SHE CARES ABOUT

rant over Laughing [/quote]

Laughing I feel your pain... I really do. i have to say not all fans are like that. i like the fans that can keep an open mind. I'm not trying to change anyone thoughts on Bonnie but if you can't give me some soild reasoning behind not liking her then I group you in with the fanatics of this fandom. Thoes are people who just can't be talked too lol

I feel that way about all character on this show... I lean more towards Bonnie but there really isn't a character that I don't like ( well maybe Jamie lol) I have my moment when I love them, when I hate them, when they are doing something stupid I don't defend them I say it point blank... yes that was a dumb call. However weather they are wrong or right in their action I always see the reasons behind the actions not just the actions themselves.

IDK maybe that just me but sound reasoning is always something that I respond to. Blind loyalt or hate just seems wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mystic-grill.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   

Back to top Go down
 
Tyler Lockwood
Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Vampire Diaries :: Character Discussion-
Jump to: