» Will you like Vampire Diaries Caroline's Daylight Lapis ring
Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 am by aoshi

» Gilbert love: Elena and Jeremy
Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:54 am by heartisreeling

» FanFictions
Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:38 pm by Riana Salvatore

» Season 5 interview with Caroline Dries
Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:40 am by aoshi

» Vote for The Vampire Diaries at TWOP's Tubey Awards!
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:09 pm by OneSweetVamp

» Paul wesley(Stefan) and Torrey Devitto(Meredith fell) decide to split
Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 pm by aoshi

» Episode 4x23 [Graduation]
Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 pm by CEllington

» Chat Thread
Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:16 pm by aoshi

» Teen Wolf!
Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:19 pm by roar33

Spotlight On:
Photobucket Jeanet Kristensen Born and rasied in Denmark, Aarhus. Started drawing in kindergarden, Education in Multimedia Design Interests Captian American TVD Personal Website Deviantart Page

Share | 

Characters gone too soon?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which character do you think left the show too soon?
Vicki
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Anna
13%
 13% [ 2 ]
Lexi
27%
 27% [ 4 ]
Rose
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mason
20%
 20% [ 3 ]
Jenna
20%
 20% [ 3 ]
Alaric
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Luka
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Greta
13%
 13% [ 2 ]
Other
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Characters gone too soon?!   Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:28 am

First topic message reminder :

We have had some pretty great characters with lots of potential that was killed off, some left before their time. Which character do you wish would have stuck around MF just a bit longer.

I think Mason left too soon. For some reason I really liked his character, he wasn't bad--he was just a fool in love. I felt so bad for him when Damon killed him because out of anyone he should have known how stupid we can be for people we love.

And I think he could have been there for Tyler more, also I wanted to know more about him and Katherine. How did she meet him/know he was werewolf.

I hated the whole ghost thing, but his character was really the only one I enjoyed when they came back. (Aside from Pearl finding Anna)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

Team : Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:24 pm

aoshi wrote:
Mason, The first (confirmed) werewolf of the show and dies. Tragic.
I agree, I still feel that they could've done so much with this character. I was so happy when he came back in episode 3x07, but it was kinda pointless cause he didnt even help Tyler Evil or Very Mad

I'm not your little bitch anymore!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic

Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:33 am

Anna. I feel like she didn't have to die, and that it was more for shock value than anything else. I liked her with Jeremy and wished she had stayed longer, because they was cute together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:08 am

For some reason I didn't care for Anna. All she did was use Jeremy and was going to let Ben kill him if she didn't get her way. I don't care if she did try to redeem herself, it just rubbed me the wrong way I guess. And then when she came back as Ghost!Anna, oh god. Hated her then because it was so contrived because Jeremy didn't love her, he loved Vicki. I don't know. lol.

Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:02 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
For some reason I didn't care for Anna. All she did was use Jeremy and was going to let Ben kill him if she didn't get her way. I don't care if she did try to redeem herself, it just rubbed me the wrong way I guess. And then when she came back as Ghost!Anna, oh god. Hated her then because it was so contrived because Jeremy didn't love her, he loved Vicki. I don't know. lol.

I actually got tired of Anna when she came back. She did not actually ADD anything to the story.

I gotta say, Lexi, Pearl, Mason, Sheila, and Greta. Greta I feel did have some good potential Very Happy

The others for obvious reasons of kisassness..I may be in the minority but I was REALLY glad Alaric was killed off. His character had become stale

*Avi & Sig by moi ~deathly_smirk~*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:01 pm

I agree about Alaric. I didn't feel anything when he died, I really didn't care much about his character TBH. I wasn't happy he died, but definitely indifferent.

Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:14 pm

deathly_smirk wrote:
I may be in the minority but I was REALLY glad Alaric was killed off. His character had become stale
Really? affraid I cried for like 2 hours after he died, and I'm not normally a crier at tv programmes!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:13 pm

roar33 wrote:
deathly_smirk wrote:
I may be in the minority but I was REALLY glad Alaric was killed off. His character had become stale
Really? affraid I cried for like 2 hours after he died, and I'm not normally a crier at tv programmes!

lol! I didn't cry but I was sad that Damon can't get/keep nice things on this show, Lmao. I was just sad that Damon lost his friend and is basically alone now. I did like Alaric though and I didn't think he was getting stale, I thought they could have did much more with him, but what do I know, they are the professionals. I loved Dalaric and their bromance, just liked I liked Matt and Tyler's bromance in season one. The Bad boys get the best bromances lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:25 pm

I like Dalaric in seasons 1 and 2, it didn't really do much for me in season 3. And Matt Davis wanted to leave the show anyway because he wanted more screen time and didn't like where his SL was headed.

I hated the killer storyline it was one of the dumbest things that happened in season 3 and there was some pretty silly shit that happened last season lol!

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm

That's one of the reasons I didn't like s3, the stupid stuff that happened for no reason at all. I haven't watched any of s3 since it aired last year. The second half just went to shit, and I think it was because they had to rearrange stuff around, since they decided to keep Klaus. So they had to figure out ways to keep him alive and then they gave him a love interest. I really think that's why the second half sucked, because they planned on killing Klaus, according to JP, but then decided to keep him so that messed with the script.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Yea, season 3 is just bleh. The Reckoning is my favorite episode in that season. And then I like the last 3 episodes

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:15 am

I can't remember most of the episodes from s3, even the DE ones, so I guess I was successful in my goal to block S3 out of my mind. The first half was good, but then IDK what happened the second half but everything went to hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deathly_smirk
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:43 pm

SnatchEatErase wrote:
roar33 wrote:

lol! I didn't cry but I was sad that Damon can't get/keep nice things on this show, Lmao. I was just sad that Damon lost his friend and is basically alone now. I did like Alaric though and I didn't think he was getting stale, I thought they could have did much more with him, but what do I know, they are the professionals. I loved Dalaric and their bromance, just liked I liked Matt and Tyler's bromance in season one. The Bad boys get the best bromances lol.

In my defense I did get a little teary. I was sad to see Matt go but the character itself wasn't going anywhere so..they had pretty much squeezed the potential outta the character with Dalaric. I mean it was bad enough it came about the way it did - (I mean if I was a vamp hunter and Damon slept with my bitchy ex I'd still put a stake through his heart). Alaric for became too accepting of what the vampires did blah blah. He had to turn 'evil' for the character to get the other perspective. It was bad writing and all in all I felt bad for Matt Davis cz Jenna would've made a more kickass vampire hunter than his character. She was smart, fast learner, fun but at the same time tough Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:25 am

KrayBaby wrote:
Yea, season 3 is just bleh. The Reckoning is my favorite episode in that season. And then I like the last 3 episodes
The reckoning is my favourite episode of TVD so far, it was absolutely amazing!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:41 pm

deathly_smirk wrote:
SnatchEatErase wrote:
roar33 wrote:

In my defense I did get a little teary. I was sad to see Matt go but the character itself wasn't going anywhere so..they had pretty much squeezed the potential outta the character with Dalaric. I mean it was bad enough it came about the way it did - (I mean if I was a vamp hunter and Damon slept with my bitchy ex I'd still put a stake through his heart). Alaric for became too accepting of what the vampires did blah blah. He had to turn 'evil' for the character to get the other perspective. It was bad writing and all in all I felt bad for Matt Davis cz Jenna would've made a more kickass vampire hunter than his character. She was smart, fast learner, fun but at the same time tough Sad

I don't think he had to turn evil at all, they could have kept Mikeal as the villain. I get even less why he had to die, but I think it was because he already had that new show, Cult. I had heard he was supposed to stick around and be the villain for this season, but they had to change it because of him getting a role in Cult.

And I don't get how he became too accepting? Once he actually became a part of TMF they was trying to kill vampires, ie the tomb vamps and Klaus. It wasn't like they went around killing humans and he was cool with it and helped or something. He told Elena to be careful with Stefan around the time he was back on human blood. And he called Damon on his shit when he used him, that episode when they daggered Elijah. He was pissed at Damon for snapping his neck(which was hilarious to me). He told Elena to be careful when Stefan was the ripper. IDK, I didn't really see him as being too accepting but that's just me.

And the Isobel stuff, I thought the point was that Isobel came to Damon to turn, not the other way around? He didn't seduce her, she came to him to become a vampire and slept with him of her own free will. And even when he tried to kill Damon, it ended badly for him and without the ring he would have been dead dead. I wouldn't have tried again either, IMO lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deathly_smirk
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:40 pm

SnatchEatErase wrote:

I don't think he had to turn evil at all, they could have kept Mikeal as the villain. I get even less why he had to die, but I think it was because he already had that new show, Cult. I had heard he was supposed to stick around and be the villain for this season, but they had to change it because of him getting a role in Cult.

And I don't get how he became too accepting? Once he actually became a part of TMF they was trying to kill vampires, ie the tomb vamps and Klaus. It wasn't like they went around killing humans and he was cool with it and helped or something. He told Elena to be careful with Stefan around the time he was back on human blood. And he called Damon on his shit when he used him, that episode when they daggered Elijah. He was pissed at Damon for snapping his neck(which was hilarious to me). He told Elena to be careful when Stefan was the ripper. IDK, I didn't really see him as being too accepting but that's just me.

And the Isobel stuff, I thought the point was that Isobel came to Damon to turn, not the other way around? He didn't seduce her, she came to him to become a vampire and slept with him of her own free will. And even when he tried to kill Damon, it ended badly for him and without the ring he would have been dead dead. I wouldn't have tried again either, IMO lol.

Personally I don't have a problem with Mikael being the bigger villain than !vampKlaus was in fact, wasn't meant to BE what Alaric became? Anyways, put down to bad writing or whatever..but yes Mikael could have stayed on. I don't honestly believe that the hash-job they did with Alaric in the end was because Matt Davis landed the job in Cult. In fact, he said HIMSELF that he got the job AFTER he decided not to sign on for Vampire Diaries when his contract ended. He put it down to the job being "frustrating" and when you read between the lines of his interview, he was generally not really happy so when JP said they wanted Alaric dead etc. he jumped at the opportunity.

Oh Idk..how about not being ok with the existence of Salvatores, or any of the vampires in MF for that matter? Outside his little circle, Alaric was severely lacking when came to protecting the innocent ppl of MF. He was ok with the fact that humans were on the bottom of the food chain tbqh. I get that he had his own issues but if you are gonna champion a cause to protect ppl so vamps can't take advantage of them then I expect some follow-through. And honestly, I don't think it's too much of a stretch if you tell or look-out for ppl you hang-out with or care about.

Ah. Isobel. Tbqh. A wasted plotline. All that anger, resentment, angst disappeared over a glass of whisky. I get Matt Davis's frustration. I mean this was a PERFECT not to mention fab chance to really develop Alaric as a character with blind hatred for vamps to more complicated things Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:05 pm

I honestly don't care much for MD, but I won't get into that. I will say, however, MD didn't leave TVD because of Cult. He wanted to leave TVD because he wasn't happy with the direction his character was going. That is why they invented that ridiculous as serial killer/vampire SL. I think that also may be a reason why season 3 seemed so ass backwards because they had to change some stuff around and you can tell in the writing that the second half wasn't how it originally would have been. Same end result, yes. But they had to get there a different way.

As far as him being too accepting of vamps, I think they could have dragged it out a bit longer. He did become buddy buddy with them pretty quick. But I think that had to do with him and Jenna and him getting close to Elena/Jeremy and having to deal with bigger threats at the time and eventually becoming close with Damon. I did really like Dalaric in season 2, and Alaric did call Damon out a lot and even warning Elena about Stefan like Josh said. To me it seemed like Alaric was a bit fed up with the vamps in season 3, even being annoyed with Damon quite often. So, idk. Maybe that was because of Esther on the other side putting bugs in his ear on the other side.

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:52 am

deathly_smirk wrote:
SnatchEatErase wrote:

Personally I don't have a problem with Mikael being the bigger villain than !vampKlaus was in fact, wasn't meant to BE what Alaric became? Anyways, put down to bad writing or whatever..but yes Mikael could have stayed on. I don't honestly believe that the hash-job they did with Alaric in the end was because Matt Davis landed the job in Cult. In fact, he said HIMSELF that he got the job AFTER he decided not to sign on for Vampire Diaries when his contract ended. He put it down to the job being "frustrating" and when you read between the lines of his interview, he was generally not really happy so when JP said they wanted Alaric dead etc. he jumped at the opportunity.

Oh Idk..how about not being ok with the existence of Salvatores, or any of the vampires in MF for that matter? Outside his little circle, Alaric was severely lacking when came to protecting the innocent ppl of MF. He was ok with the fact that humans were on the bottom of the food chain tbqh. I get that he had his own issues but if you are gonna champion a cause to protect ppl so vamps can't take advantage of them then I expect some follow-through. And honestly, I don't think it's too much of a stretch if you tell or look-out for ppl you hang-out with or care about.

Ah. Isobel. Tbqh. A wasted plotline. All that anger, resentment, angst disappeared over a glass of whisky. I get Matt Davis's frustration. I mean this was a PERFECT not to mention fab chance to really develop Alaric as a character with blind hatred for vamps to more complicated things Razz

I thought the whole point of him becoming a vampire hunter was to "avenge" Isobel though? Once he found out she wanted to turn and came to Damon, and got his closure when she visited him, he just stuck around and helped out. And how was he ok with the fact humans are the bottom of the food chain?

- He kills Logan because of Jenna, I think.

- Him and Elena both keep Damon from attacking that one girl that tried to kill Elena.

- He was worried about Jenna and tried to keep her in the dark, because he didn't want her to get hurt.

- He tells Elena to be careful with Stefan.

- He tells Damon not to kill anyone several times throughout the seasons, and tries to keep him from killing innocents.

- All of s3 he was pissed at vampires in general.

I might be missing more but I can't remember earlier seasons that well, since I don't watch them anymore that much. But yeah, if he's ok with humans being the bottom of the food chain, so is the other humans of TMF.

ETA: I didn't realize that before I read that interview thingy you guys are talking about. But yeah, I agree that sl was lame as the rest of last season. And it all began with Klaus and their need to cater to Jomo and keep Klaus around. But anyway I read that interview, and it did say he wasn't happy with the direction of his character, and that he wanted more screentime and better sl's or something but couldn't get it, so when JP said they was going to kill him off he was ok with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Characters gone too soon?!   

Back to top Go down

Characters gone too soon?!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Vampire Diaries :: General Show Discussion-
Jump to: