» Will you like Vampire Diaries Caroline's Daylight Lapis ring
Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 am by aoshi

» Gilbert love: Elena and Jeremy
Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:54 am by heartisreeling

» FanFictions
Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:38 pm by Riana Salvatore

» Season 5 interview with Caroline Dries
Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:40 am by aoshi

» Vote for The Vampire Diaries at TWOP's Tubey Awards!
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:09 pm by OneSweetVamp

» Paul wesley(Stefan) and Torrey Devitto(Meredith fell) decide to split
Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 pm by aoshi

» Episode 4x23 [Graduation]
Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 pm by CEllington

» Chat Thread
Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:16 pm by aoshi

» Teen Wolf!
Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:19 pm by roar33

Spotlight On:
Photobucket Jeanet Kristensen Born and rasied in Denmark, Aarhus. Started drawing in kindergarden, Education in Multimedia Design Interests Captian American TVD Personal Website Deviantart Page

Share | 

Tyler Lockwood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
YumYumOnigiri
Admin
Admin

Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Tyler Lockwood   Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Discuss the rebel Tyler Lockwood
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mystic-grill.forumotion.com

AuthorMessage
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

Team : Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:46 pm

^Aye, well said Smile as you said not all fans are like that (thank goodness) and it is actually only a few fans who act like that! If someone has a solid answer for disliking a character, that's fine! But if they have twisted something to make anoter character look bad? That's annoying Sad and I normally just ignore these people Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:42 pm

YumYumOnigiri wrote:
roar33 wrote:

I always find this funny, people will oome with every reasoning they can to hate on these two when many of the things they have done are no where near as bad as what characters like Damo, Klaus or Stefan have done. I don't think they need to be perfect, I think all characters need flaws but i think it's unfair to be so harder on some and not on others.

I know it goes back to viewing our favorites in a better light but i try to be objective, i don't think you should make excuses for them ... but that might be just me lol
i agree with you too, everyone has their favourite and non-favourite characters, which is fine of course, but I get annoyed when people twist what other characters do to make their characters look better like...
'Tyler is such a bad person for biting Caroline, that's why i ship Klaus and Caroline'
KLAUS TOLD TYLER TO BITE CAROLINE
'Bonnie is a terrible person, she's always so mean to Damon'
THAT'S BECAUSE HE KEEPS KILLING PEOPLE SHE CARES ABOUT

rant over Laughing

Laughing I feel your pain... I really do. i have to say not all fans are like that. i like the fans that can keep an open mind. I'm not trying to change anyone thoughts on Bonnie but if you can't give me some soild reasoning behind not liking her then I group you in with the fanatics of this fandom. Thoes are people who just can't be talked too lol

I feel that way about all character on this show... I lean more towards Bonnie but there really isn't a character that I don't like ( well maybe Jamie lol) I have my moment when I love them, when I hate them, when they are doing something stupid I don't defend them I say it point blank... yes that was a dumb call. However weather they are wrong or right in their action I always see the reasons behind the actions not just the actions themselves.

IDK maybe that just me but sound reasoning is always something that I respond to. Blind loyalt or hate just seems wrong.[/quote]

This is 100% how I feel!I watch the show with an open-mind and that's the best way to watch it, I don't understand how people can let a fictional show make them so bitter, angry, and hateful. I do have my favorites, but I love all the characters, some more than others and some that if they died I wouldn't cry lol. But I'm not bitter about a TV show. I may get upset at a storyline or have a wishlist for the show but at the end of the day it's just a show. I'm always the first one to defend a character when it's justified and will also talk crap about something stupid that they did. I try to look at the show from each characters perspectives.

If anything the fandom is what annoys me most with this show. Because I can assure you I watched the first 3 seasons without being in the fandom period and loved the show a lot more, and during the hiatus this summer, when I became active in the fandom --some of them Rolling Eyes Mad. But I'm so happy to know that not all fans are like this. I like to talk about the show with people who are open minded and not saying I'm stupid or dumb for shipping a couple or liking a character.

Okay rant over, back to Tyler! I love Him! I can't say it enough, and I never thought I would like him as much as I do now after seeing like the first half or so of season 1. He is so brave IMO. What he went through with the werewolf thing in season 2, it really made me feel for his character. Then after he became a hybrid he kinda got on my nerves because he was nonchalant about the sire bond. But when he came back after that long hiatus, and he had broken the sire bond, I was in love again. Then him standing up to Klaus to save Elena, someone he wasn't particularly close with in the beginning just really showed me who was and who he was become!

Okay off my Tyler pedestal lol
Ps, sorry so long
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:33 pm

I just don't see how people don't like Tyler, he's so cute and loveable I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:38 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
I try to look at the show from each characters perspectives.

If anything the fandom is what annoys me most with this show. Because I can assure you I watched the first 3 seasons without being in the fandom period and loved the show a lot more, and during the hiatus this summer, when I became active in the fandom --some of them Rolling Eyes Mad. But I'm so happy to know that not all fans are like this. I like to talk about the show with people who are open minded and not saying I'm stupid or dumb for shipping a couple or liking a character.
Exactly this.^

It's simple we see what we want to see. To be honest, when I watched the show for the first time, Tyler or Bonnie weren't exactly my favourite characters, not even close. But that's mostly because there were other characters I was paying more attention to. Due to these discussions and reading other POVs I can enjoy the "secondary" characters more.

Anyways,...this looks pretty scary. Shocked
Back to top Go down
torilee07

Team : Bonnie Bennett & Rebekah Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:39 pm

roar33 wrote:
I just don't see how people don't like Tyler, he's so cute and loveable I love you
He really is! Especially in that scene that is your avatar.

I like the moments in the show that make you remember that they really are just teenagers. Tyler got a shy and nervous around the girl he liked. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Exactly pivoe. I hated Damon/DE, especially Damon but after reading some other's perspectives. I warmed to him and actually really started to love and care for him. Same with Rebekah, even though I am not crazy about her character I recently read a blog on tumblr about her and I can actually see their POV and appreciate her more. If people would just relax and open their minds, they wouldn't have to be so hateful some times.

BTW that picture is scary, it's so funny to me how weak hybrids are. You would think they would be a bit more powerful and stronger than a typical "newbie" vamp since they have the vampire/werewolf thing going on. OAN: I have to say some of my favorite scenes though are when Tyler is transforming, it's so intense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Yeah, you'd imagine hybrids would be, right after Klaus, second most threatening creatures, but so far we've seen them killed quite easily.
Back to top Go down
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:17 pm

Exactly, then again werewolves were pretty weak themselves in comparison to vampires.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:31 am

torilee07 wrote:
roar33 wrote:
He really is! Especially in that scene that is your avatar.

I like the moments in the show that make you remember that they really are just teenagers. Tyler got a shy and nervous around the girl he liked. Very Happy
I really love that scene in my avatar Smile it's so cute and awkward and even Jeremy knows somethings going on!

I'm not your little bitch anymore!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic

Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:23 pm

I think Tyler was Badass in S1, but the show loves to make Badass characters into softer versions of their former selves. I liked him as a werewolf more than a hybrid. I also want forwood to be endgame and for this stupid klaroline thing not to happen. Tyler is a much better option for her than klaus. And I hope they aren't going to use this hayley person as a way to come between forwood just so klaroline can happen.

klaroline is the most weird, sudden, and undeveloped ship ever. He has one conversation with her and then "fancies" her and draws her ponies and gives her bracelets and dresses. I hope she doesn't fall for his bulshit and sticks with Tyler.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:46 pm

I liked Tyler in season 2 because he had better development and an actual storyline outside of a girlfriend. I like him season 3 after the sire bond was broken. He was definitely a douche early to mid season 1, I actually hated his character in the beginning.

I hate Klaroline with a passion. He started fancying her while the girl was on her deathbed Suspect the relationship makes no sense to me. I just can't with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:54 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
I liked Tyler in season 2 because he had better development and an actual storyline outside of a girlfriend. I like him season 3 after the sire bond was broken. He was definitely a douche early to mid season 1, I actually hated his character in the beginning.

I hate Klaroline with a passion. He started fancying her while the girl was on her deathbed Suspect the relationship makes no sense to me. I just can't with them.

Yes! He started liking a girl on her deathbed, a deathbed he put her on. I just don't get klaroline at all. I think forwood is a good fit and I liked Tyler more and more as each season comes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Right, I think they have chemistry and all but the couple makes no sense to me, with what Klaus has done and is still doing as far as we know during season 3 finale.

Tyler definitely grew on me, I really love him and how devoted he has been to Caroline. I just don't see how people blame him for biting her when he was sired, as much as he didn't want to do it. It's much like be compelled, something out of his control, but he found a way out of no way which is honorable IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:00 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
Right, I think they have chemistry and all but the couple makes no sense to me, with what Klaus has done and is still doing as far as we know during season 3 finale.

Tyler definitely grew on me, I really love him and how devoted he has been to Caroline. I just don't see how people blame him for biting her when he was sired, as much as he didn't want to do it. It's much like be compelled, something out of his control, but he found a way out of no way which is honorable IMO.

People just find excuses to hate on him is all. How can they truly blame Tyler for biting Caroline when it was beyond his control? Wouldn't that make the people who hate Tyler for that reason hypocrites? Especially since I see no one hating Stefan for all he did in S3, the excuse for him is that Klaus made him turn off his humanity. But in 3x06(?) Klaus lets Stefan go and Stefan's actions are his own after that. So if they blame Tyler for something beyond his control, where is the rage for Stefan's actions S3?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Actuallly Stefan is getting a lot of crap for biting Elena, even though he was compelled and didn't have much of a choice. But no need to drag Stefan into this discussion.
Back to top Go down
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:44 pm

That's true about Stefan though. I have seen tons of people saying he abused her. He had no choice, he tried everything in his might to not do it. He did, however, do some horrible things after he got out of Klaus's compulsion.

Back to Tyler, it's crazy how he and Bonnie are soo hated. I understand that we always try to justify our favorites actions, but he gets so much heat. I feel bad for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:31 am

Tyler needs more love on this show, if only the writers would stop giving him such a hard time Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
YumYumOnigiri
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:17 pm

He also need some on screen development. I want a storyline with some meat on it for Tyler and it looks like... ate least for the first half of the season . That the triangle that he Caroline and Klaus are in will take up most of his story.

I love romance as much as the next person but i want more.
Back to top Go down
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:36 am

I do too, and as much as I love Forwood, if it means breaking them up to get some development for Tyler then I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YumYumOnigiri
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:16 am

I will never understand why people would rather their characters lack depth and development over ships they are in. Sure they are fun to watch I love my ships but if I had a choice between the two I would pick development every time.
Back to top Go down
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:55 pm

Spoiler:

Source for rest of story here!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Tyler has a hero moment, I WANNA SEE IT NAOWW Shocked

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Me too! I guess that explains the promo pics for episode 2 with him on the couch wounded cheers.

I keep hearing from the media how great Tyler portrays Klaus in the premiere so I can't wait to see that. He is a great actor so I have no doubt that he does a great job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:31 pm

It's been the longest 5 months of my life, I actually don't think I can wait any longer for 'growing pains'. WHY IS TYLER LYING ON A COUCH AFTER BEING SHOT, who shot my Tyler?Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Ohh, sorry didn't mean to spoil it for you! I will find a link to the season 2 promo pics for you. I'm not sure what happened to him, but I'm sure it had something to do with him being a hero in that episode.

Episode 2 stills

Last edited by KrayBaby on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add episode 2 promo stills)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Lockwood   

Back to top Go down

Tyler Lockwood
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Vampire Diaries :: Character Discussion-
Jump to: