HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Will you like Vampire Diaries Caroline's Daylight Lapis ring
Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 am by aoshi

» Gilbert love: Elena and Jeremy
Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:54 am by heartisreeling

» FanFictions
Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:38 pm by Riana Salvatore

» Season 5 interview with Caroline Dries
Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:40 am by aoshi

» Vote for The Vampire Diaries at TWOP's Tubey Awards!
Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:09 pm by OneSweetVamp

» Paul wesley(Stefan) and Torrey Devitto(Meredith fell) decide to split
Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 pm by aoshi

» Episode 4x23 [Graduation]
Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 pm by CEllington

» Chat Thread
Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:16 pm by aoshi

» Teen Wolf!
Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:19 pm by roar33

Spotlight On:
Photobucket Jeanet Kristensen Born and rasied in Denmark, Aarhus. Started drawing in kindergarden, Education in Multimedia Design Interests Captian American TVD Personal Website Deviantart Page

Share | 
 

 Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 104
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:12 am

Discuss episode 4x11 here.


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 104
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26 am

Alright, I actually really liked this episode. I loved the fact that it wasn't so triangle heavy, and had Bonnie doing her own thing a part from the vamps.

Bonnie- Love, love her. She was so bad ass and rightfully pissed after learning of Shane's lies. Wish she would have burned him alive. It was freaky though when she spazzed out at him lol.

Damon being compelled- It was so obvious that this would happen. It was cool that once he figured it out that he told Jeremy to run. But this whole "because I love you" to get him to fight the compulsion. Bleh. It's been done already, and IMO it was done better the first time.

Stefan--Loved him this episode. He was so sassy wit his "you're welcome" line. I cracked up. Can't believe SB had sex, yuck. I didn't hate it as much as I thought though. Also was it me, Or did REbekah compel Stefan to stop caring? Compelled or not, I'm glad he told Elena to basically, suck it. Now, she knows how he felt somewhat.

Matt- Love him, and love that he told Elena how OOC she was being. I don't see how some DE fans have been saying she hasn't been ooc. ALL of her friends have said it at some point this season, and they know her best. I guess some people just see what they want.




_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 25
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:56 am

I liked the episode as well.

Bonnie was awesome. Was hoping she killed Shane, but knew it wouldn't happen because he's in later episodes. She needs to find out about him playing her and kick his ass though. She was Badass when she used her powers though. Can we see more of Bonnie like that?

Damon was awesome. Loved how he was compelled but still tried to help Jeremy, and even told Jeremy to kill him. But, I don't see the big deal with the fighting compulsion stuff. Damon fought it and failed, so did Stefan, so both suck at it. I don't care at all tbh.

Elena taking charge was awesome. Loved her making a deal with Klaus, and coming up with a plan. I'm guessing Kol is going to die next episode, which sucks since I want him in the spinoff.

Matt and Jeremy was awesome as well. But I didn't get what was wrong with Damon and Klaus plan? There was going to be collateral damage either way, with innocent humans or innocent vamps, so what was the problem? It's cool to kill a innocent vamp you don't even know, but the line is drawn at humans being killed and turned?

Kol was awesome. Loved him trying to rip Jeremy's arms off lol. I liked him mentioning how friendly him and Jeremy were in s3. I knew he was going to compel Damon though. Lots of people figured it out at the other forum.

Stebekah sex was hilarious to me. I guess I don't get why he did it. He's still hoping the sire bond is the cause, so why sleep with someone else? Ehh, good for him though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 104
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:16 am

Yes, please more bad ass Bonnie. You don't know how much I loved that she was her own person this episode. Wasn't worried about Elena, Jeremy, Caroline, nobody but herself.

Yea, Kol is definitely dunzo. Most effective way to complete the map, Kol is okay, but I'm indifferent to him really. So, I don't mind him dying. Sucks for Kennett fans. I will say I wouldn't have minded him being in the spin off to learn more about him. Ah, well.

I think the issue that Jeremy had was that Klaus went and killed these random innocent people. Their life was basically taken from them just so Jeremy could kill them.. It's one thing to find random vampires because at some point a vampire will kill someone, but I guess it was just the fact that there were turned just to be killed by Jeremy. I'm not sure who Jeremy thought he would be killing though, it's not like it's just a bunch of random vamps in MF anyway. And Jer surely didn't have an issue with killing Chris. But I guess he didn't know what Chris had done for them, IDK. It's all crazy, but I get why Jeremy was a bit unsure about it. And let's not forget that he was lied to as well.

Yea, ripping Jer's arms off still would have more than likely killed him though LOL. And yea, everyone I have seen knew Kol would compel Damon. TVD isn't really rocket science haha.

I don't think it really had much to do with Elena though. AS well as Rebekah seemingly compelled him to stop caring. So he had nothing holding him back. Even if he does think the sire bond is affecting Elena's emotions, doesn't mean he isn't single and can do whatever he wants. He is still a man, with needs lol! Still don't like SR sex though.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 25
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:36 am

Someone on the other forum said Elena said she doesn't want the cure, but plans on destroying it. So if that's the case, how do you think the sire bond will break? With Damon dying like everyone is speculating?

And I guess I see what you mean, but either way they would be killing innocents to get the cure, so I didn't get the difference. Like you said, he killed Chris and that guy was innocent.

I hope Bonnie really does go dark, judging from this episode it would be awesome. Like I said before, she was badass. Man, I was seriously hoping she killed Shane. That guy is playing her hard. I knew when the candle flicked on and he was talking, that he was hypnotizing her. Just like the comment about her grams. I guess he can just hypnotize her at will now?

I don't like Stebekah sex either. It was lame to me. They could have did more or something. Like was that all the hype the Stebekah fans was waiting for? Unless there will be more in the next episode or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 104
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:11 am

Damonic wrote:
Someone on the other forum said Elena said she doesn't want the cure, but plans on destroying it. So if that's the case, how do you think the sire bond will break? With Damon dying like everyone is speculating?

And I guess I see what you mean, but either way they would be killing innocents to get the cure, so I didn't get the difference. Like you said, he killed Chris and that guy was innocent.

I hope Bonnie really does go dark, judging from this episode it would be awesome. Like I said before, she was badass. Man, I was seriously hoping she killed Shane. That guy is playing her hard. I knew when the candle flicked on and he was talking, that he was hypnotizing her. Just like the comment about her grams. I guess he can just hypnotize her at will now?

I don't like Stebekah sex either. It was lame to me. They could have did more or something. Like was that all the hype the Stebekah fans was waiting for? Unless there will be more in the next episode or something.

I don't believe that Elena doesn't want the cure. She has said how she didn't want to be a vamp, how she didn't like who she was becoming. Even if she didn't want the cure, she has no leverage to even get to it first. I don't think no one will be cured.
I think the sire bond will be broken from either Damon dying or like in the books when she read her diary and remembered her love for Stefan. What do you think?

I agree, the logic was not there. Especially now that they will kill an entire blood line of vamps. Jeremy just needs to realize he has no choice. He didn't care a few weeks ago when he was trying to stake his sister. I guess they needed some plot though to get Damon compelled. But I do see his point in those people who were killed just to be sacrificed for this dumb cure.

I think Bonnie flicked the candle one cause she was getting a bit heated. When he saw that he hypnotized her so that she would calm down. This Shane guy is the worst. He is quite the character. He played her so bad, I knew from the moment we saw him with Connor, nothing good would come of it. Seems like he can def control her now, he thinks he has her in his back pocket now. I wonder if Shane will last past this season? If not, I hope Bonnie kills him.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 25
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:14 am

KrayBaby wrote:
Damonic wrote:
Someone on the other forum said Elena said she doesn't want the cure, but plans on destroying it. So if that's the case, how do you think the sire bond will break? With Damon dying like everyone is speculating?

And I guess I see what you mean, but either way they would be killing innocents to get the cure, so I didn't get the difference. Like you said, he killed Chris and that guy was innocent.

I hope Bonnie really does go dark, judging from this episode it would be awesome. Like I said before, she was badass. Man, I was seriously hoping she killed Shane. That guy is playing her hard. I knew when the candle flicked on and he was talking, that he was hypnotizing her. Just like the comment about her grams. I guess he can just hypnotize her at will now?

I don't like Stebekah sex either. It was lame to me. They could have did more or something. Like was that all the hype the Stebekah fans was waiting for? Unless there will be more in the next episode or something.

I don't believe that Elena doesn't want the cure. She has said how she didn't want to be a vamp, how she didn't like who she was becoming. Even if she didn't want the cure, she has no leverage to even get to it first. I don't think no one will be cured.
I think the sire bond will be broken from either Damon dying or like in the books when she read her diary and remembered her love for Stefan. What do you think?

I agree, the logic was not there. Especially now that they will kill an entire blood line of vamps. Jeremy just needs to realize he has no choice. He didn't care a few weeks ago when he was trying to stake his sister. I guess they needed some plot though to get Damon compelled. But I do see his point in those people who were killed just to be sacrificed for this dumb cure.

I think Bonnie flicked the candle one cause she was getting a bit heated. When he saw that he hypnotized her so that she would calm down. This Shane guy is the worst. He is quite the character. He played her so bad, I knew from the moment we saw him with Connor, nothing good would come of it. Seems like he can def control her now, he thinks he has her in his back pocket now. I wonder if Shane will last past this season? If not, I hope Bonnie kills him.

This show kills me with it's morality stuff sometimes. Like there have been plenty of times Elena hasn't cared about collateral damage, but now she does? She didn't care who the others being sacrificed was in s2, until it was Jenna who got killed. She nor anyone else cared that killing all the Originals, except the one their line is from, would basically end vampirism. The way they have these characters suddenly act all morally is hilarious to me.

And I came on here to share with you what you just said. Apparently, Damon having Jeremy kill 12 human turned vamps is the bigger moral issues, but her saving Jeremy and Damon by killing thousands of vamps aren't? LOLOLOLOLOL. Either way tons of people, human or vamp, is dying because they want the cure. I don't get the difference. IMO had they just went along with the plan Matt wouldn't have gotten hurt, and Jeremy wouldn't have been hunted by the vamps.

I'm with Damon, it was the safest way. Klaus could have compelled them to stay still, and Jeremy could have made quick work of them. Or Damon or Klaus snap the baby vamps necks, and Jeremy kill 'em. They made it more difficult imo, what do you think?

IDK about the Elena not wanting the cure. I personally didn't hear her say it, someone from the other forum said she said it, so I came here to get your opinions on that. I think it could go either way, with Damon dying or Elena breaking it by reading her journal. From the pic of Elena and Matt with her journal, maybe they'll go the route of books?

Yup, I do think he can easily get inside her head now and turn on and off his hypnosis like a switch. like at the police station when he just had to tell her to look at him, and he could then tell her to stop and calm down. I don't think he's going to last past this season, at least I hope not. I hope Bonnie is the one to kill him though, as payback for manipulating and hypnotizing her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 104
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:03 am

Right,Elena only cares about the people she loves...others be damned. Not saying that she willingly wants innocent people killed, but she never really cared either way. At least not all of the time she didn't.

Haha, yes. I also thought that they could have just snapped the vamps necks and had Jeremy stake them. In and Out. Simple as that. Jeremy had to go and get all high and mighty though, still love him though lol.

Yea, Elena never said she didn't want the cure. What she said is that she didn't want the cure if it meant sacrificing/harming Jeremy. But she has said many times that she didn't like who she was becoming and that she can't be that person and all of this stuff pointing to her not wanting to be a vampire, so it kinda annoys me when I see people saying that Stefan wants to cure her when she doesn't want to be cured but all earlier this season all she did was complain about not liking vampirism to Stefan, so what else should he think.

I do think she would be okay, now, with being a vampire if she had no other choice. Honestly, I would have rather for her to become a vampire at her own will. So, i wouldn't mind her becoming human and then choosing to be a vampire to be with whichever she chooses, Either Stefan or Damon.

Gah, I'm so excited Bonnie has her own storyline cheers cheers

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 25
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:12 am

I'm excited about Bonnie going dark as well. I hope they do her sl justice and let her go all out. I know I keep saying this but, I really, really, liked Bonnie and thought it was Badass when she was out of control. I want to see that Bonnie if she does indeed go dark. It would be awesome if she becomes the Big bad due to her powers being out of control. Long as they don't kill her I'm cool with it.

Also, I vote that Bonnie be the one to kill Shane. I somewhat thought he was being sincere with her, and was actually trying to help her. It sucks that he hasn't and basically has been hypnotizing her. I hope she gets her payback and then some. I just want Bonnie to go around and raise hell lol. I read that once Elena and Co. kill Kol, Bonnie will have even more power for expression.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ginbell
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2012-09-21
Location : TAGS
Team : Bonnie Bennett / Bamon

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Bonnie - Was Awesome in this Ep She was HBIC all the way I Would Love to see More of Bonnie Story on the show . I love that she can See What Shane is Now and know that he was messing with her mind.
I also loved that Ruby Cared about what Happen to Bonnie He is being a Real Dad to Bonnie . LOVED THAT BONNIE HAS HER OWN STORY LINE MORE OF THIS ON THE SHOW IS A GOOD THING .

Stefan - Was great in this Ep is well He and Rebekah found the head stone in Shane's office and they make a good Team . He also saved Damon & Jeremy . I Loved that he told Elena off to that was great .

Elena - Why is Elena So Much more Pathetic & Useless as a Vampire ?
WHY CAN SHE NOT DO ANYTHING FOR HER SELF AND STILL NEEDS TO BE SAVED EVEN AS A VAMPIRE ? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW THIS . Also she calling Stefan to help with Damon when she as a Vam could have done the same thing Stefan did but may be not Sired bond . WHY did she ask Stefan why he is with Rebekah ? Elena said Why are you with her she tried to Kill me Stefan . Stefan looked at her like she was dumb I did to then Stefan said well this is the 2nd time Damon has tried to Kill Jeremy to nobodies perfect. Elena as a Vam Is a EPIC FAIL .
Jeremy & Matt - Was Great they Helped each other out and Got out for the Bullshit that Klaus & Damon got them in in the 1st Place . What Matt said to Elena is so True All she is know is POD Elena who will do whatever Damon wants are what she thinks Damon would Want THAT IS NOT ELENA
Damon- He was compelled by Kol to kill Jeremy and Damon could not fight it like Stefan did back when he was compelled . Damon Did try and tell Jer he was compelled by Kol to kill him I will give him That
Kol - He was great he had a Plan and when for it he is the Only one Thinking Like Someone said on Tumblr Silas has power over the dead
And all the undead vampires are…unconcerned…about this? I like that Kol Is concerned about this
THIS EP WAS WATCHABLE BECAUSE IT WAS MORE ABOUT THE WHOLE CAST & NOT JUST ABOUT DE CRAP BEING PUSHED ON US . IF WE GET MORE EP LIKE THIS I WOULD WATCH THE SHOW LIVE MORE .


_________________
BONNIE BENNETT IS THE QUEEN OF ALL OTHER QUEENS


Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 25
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:38 pm

I just thought of something. In the interrogation room Bonnie and Shane was in, was the camera still rolling? If so, they could be able to see that Shane pushed her to be out of control, then tried to act innocent when her dad came into the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamonbaby
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-09-21
Team : Bonnie/GoodStorytelling

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:55 pm

here my issue with Damon trying to tell Jeremy, he was compelled not to do that too by Kol.

I don't like how the writers always bend vampire rules for Damon (1st being that he could beat up an original on his own and now he can somewhat break part of his compulsion), cause since when does a vampire or anyone for that matter is aware of his compulsion.

Now this isn't mean hating on Damon it just a gripe on how vampire rules seem to not apply to Damon, it either writers being inconsistent or just sloppy with their writing. It is my same gripe over the fact they have Damon state in season 3 sire bonds are rare yet it has happen to damon twice in under a century. I mean I get that the writers forget the mythology they have created but to forget about it within the episode is amazing unless Kol is just a weak Original so his compulsion isn't absolute like everyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 25
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:13 pm

bamonbaby wrote:
here my issue with Damon trying to tell Jeremy, he was compelled not to do that too by Kol.

I don't like how the writers always bend vampire rules for Damon (1st being that he could beat up an original on his own and now he can somewhat break part of his compulsion), cause since when does a vampire or anyone for that matter is aware of his compulsion.

Now this isn't mean hating on Damon it just a gripe on how vampire rules seem to not apply to Damon, it either writers being inconsistent or just sloppy with their writing. It is my same gripe over the fact they have Damon state in season 3 sire bonds are rare yet it has happen to damon twice in under a century. I mean I get that the writers forget the mythology they have created but to forget about it within the episode is amazing unless Kol is just a weak Original so his compulsion isn't absolute like everyone else.

I agree with you on both points. When he first told Elena that Kol compelled him, I was like wtf, I thought Kol said he wouldn't remember? Then he was telling Jeremy to run because he was compelled or whatever, and I was like maybe I got it wrong? I went back and watched today, and Kol def. says he wouldn't remember what he told him, so I was confused as well.

I also agree with the sire bond. Supposedly it's super rare but Damon just so happens to have two girls sired to him? If that's the case shouldn't Damon and Stefan have been sired to Katherine? They both had human feelings for her before they turned, and both died when her blood in their systems. If Damon can have two girls sired to him but it's rare, why wasn't he sired to Katherine?

I did see a thing where it said Damon didn't really want to kill Jeremy like Kol suggested, so he was able to fight the compulsion, but shouldn't that have only worked on him fighting the compulsion, not actually remembering? JP and a lot of the other cast members did a live chat while the episode was on, was it explained or given a explanation by her?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamonbaby
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-09-21
Team : Bonnie/GoodStorytelling

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Damonic wrote:
bamonbaby wrote:
here my issue with Damon trying to tell Jeremy, he was compelled not to do that too by Kol.

I don't like how the writers always bend vampire rules for Damon (1st being that he could beat up an original on his own and now he can somewhat break part of his compulsion), cause since when does a vampire or anyone for that matter is aware of his compulsion.

Now this isn't mean hating on Damon it just a gripe on how vampire rules seem to not apply to Damon, it either writers being inconsistent or just sloppy with their writing. It is my same gripe over the fact they have Damon state in season 3 sire bonds are rare yet it has happen to damon twice in under a century. I mean I get that the writers forget the mythology they have created but to forget about it within the episode is amazing unless Kol is just a weak Original so his compulsion isn't absolute like everyone else.

I agree with you on both points. When he first told Elena that Kol compelled him, I was like wtf, I thought Kol said he wouldn't remember? Then he was telling Jeremy to run because he was compelled or whatever, and I was like maybe I got it wrong? I went back and watched today, and Kol def. says he wouldn't remember what he told him, so I was confused as well.

I also agree with the sire bond. Supposedly it's super rare but Damon just so happens to have two girls sired to him? If that's the case shouldn't Damon and Stefan have been sired to Katherine? They both had human feelings for her before they turned, and both died when her blood in their systems. If Damon can have two girls sired to him but it's rare, why wasn't he sired to Katherine?

I did see a thing where it said Damon didn't really want to kill Jeremy like Kol suggested, so he was able to fight the compulsion, but shouldn't that have only worked on him fighting the compulsion, not actually remembering? JP and a lot of the other cast members did a live chat while the episode was on, was it explained or given a explanation by her?

i doubtful anyone ask and I didn't see her answering questions. I mean my only issue is Damon was the one to figure it out first...I wouldn't been griping had say Elena or Jeremy figure it out themselves. And while Damon may not wanted to kill Jeremy, it still shouldn't been able to break the not telling part...I would have been okay if he just said "I have this urge to kill you,". I don't know it was bothersome and it made I really just dislike the writers keep bending rules for Damon and this one was super annoying as it happen within an episode of the writers ignoring their own mythology for the sake of making Damon look as if he cares about Jeremy (I don't think he does, he just an extension of Elena but Damon will still have no issue throwing Jeremy under the bus).

BTW Bonnie made me laugh with her trying to say her friends wouldn't resort to hurting innocent people. I was like I get you been under some version of compulsion by Shane but seriously Bonnie, your friends always throw innocents under the bus, in recent memory Chris the Hybrid and your own mother. So yeah that line had me in stitches. I heart BAMF Bonnie so hopefully her friends get a taste as it long overdue as what happen to Shane should have happen to Damon and Stefan (and the originals) after what happen to Abby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DEmonic
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 25
Location : St. Louis
Team : Damon

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:20 pm

bamonbaby wrote:
Damonic wrote:
bamonbaby wrote:
here my issue with Damon trying to tell Jeremy, he was compelled not to do that too by Kol.

I don't like how the writers always bend vampire rules for Damon (1st being that he could beat up an original on his own and now he can somewhat break part of his compulsion), cause since when does a vampire or anyone for that matter is aware of his compulsion.

Now this isn't mean hating on Damon it just a gripe on how vampire rules seem to not apply to Damon, it either writers being inconsistent or just sloppy with their writing. It is my same gripe over the fact they have Damon state in season 3 sire bonds are rare yet it has happen to damon twice in under a century. I mean I get that the writers forget the mythology they have created but to forget about it within the episode is amazing unless Kol is just a weak Original so his compulsion isn't absolute like everyone else.

I agree with you on both points. When he first told Elena that Kol compelled him, I was like wtf, I thought Kol said he wouldn't remember? Then he was telling Jeremy to run because he was compelled or whatever, and I was like maybe I got it wrong? I went back and watched today, and Kol def. says he wouldn't remember what he told him, so I was confused as well.

I also agree with the sire bond. Supposedly it's super rare but Damon just so happens to have two girls sired to him? If that's the case shouldn't Damon and Stefan have been sired to Katherine? They both had human feelings for her before they turned, and both died when her blood in their systems. If Damon can have two girls sired to him but it's rare, why wasn't he sired to Katherine?

I did see a thing where it said Damon didn't really want to kill Jeremy like Kol suggested, so he was able to fight the compulsion, but shouldn't that have only worked on him fighting the compulsion, not actually remembering? JP and a lot of the other cast members did a live chat while the episode was on, was it explained or given a explanation by her?

i doubtful anyone ask and I didn't see her answering questions. I mean my only issue is Damon was the one to figure it out first...I wouldn't been griping had say Elena or Jeremy figure it out themselves. And while Damon may not wanted to kill Jeremy, it still shouldn't been able to break the not telling part...I would have been okay if he just said "I have this urge to kill you,". I don't know it was bothersome and it made I really just dislike the writers keep bending rules for Damon and this one was super annoying as it happen within an episode of the writers ignoring their own mythology for the sake of making Damon look as if he cares about Jeremy (I don't think he does, he just an extension of Elena but Damon will still have no issue throwing Jeremy under the bus).

BTW Bonnie made me laugh with her trying to say her friends wouldn't resort to hurting innocent people. I was like I get you been under some version of compulsion by Shane but seriously Bonnie, your friends always throw innocents under the bus, in recent memory Chris the Hybrid and your own mother. So yeah that line had me in stitches. I heart BAMF Bonnie so hopefully her friends get a taste as it long overdue as what happen to Shane should have happen to Damon and Stefan (and the originals) after what happen to Abby.

Yeah, that's what I said in my other post. he shouldn't have remembered. I think he does care about Jeremy and wouldn't throw him under the bus. He proved the entire episode that he cared about Jeremy.

Yeah, which is why I didn't get Jeremy and Matt bitching about killing innocent people. They was ok with killing vamps they don't even know, but not freshly turned humans? What was the difference? Either way they was killing people they don't know for this cure. And it's not like anything could have been done for them, they had already started to wake up as vamps while in the bar. I think Damon and Klaus plan was good, Jeremy and Matt messed it up.

I guess I could see why Matt objected and all, but not Jeremy. Like you said, he killed Chris with no hesitation. He didn't care that he was innocent, he just flat out killed the guy. That's why this show kinda annoys me sometimes. Elena, etc always act moral and holier than thou, when they aren't as moral as they think. Yet they give Damon shit for his way of doing things lol.

I think Bonnie will get her chance to go dark very soon. Kat had tweeted that she had blood on her hands and was crying, so I think she might lose control of her powers again and kill one of the gang.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 104
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:38 pm

In regards to Elena asking Stefan why he was with Rebekah when she tried to kill her. It was so funny because she was being a hypocrite. Caroline pretty much said the same thing about Damon. And to be honest, he has tried to kill every single person she cares about, and she still loves him, but I'm sure it was just her jealousy. I just found that funny though.

And about Damon, I have to disagree about bending rules just for him because they have had Caroline's dad be able to resist compulsion altogether and then Stefan resisted it as well last season. The show in general, bends rules IMO.

And about Damon knowing he was compelled was a bit odd. I thought Elena should have been the one to figure it out, but I guess they wanted to make Damon look good in this situation.

Also, he didn't remember that he was compelled, he just figured out he was because he knew he had no reason to hunt Jeremy down to kill him, so it was not far fetched or illogical to me--like it was to some others.

And as far as Damon and Jeremy. Hate the "pairing" of Deremy. It's nothing cute or aww about it. I just don't see how some people get some big bro/little bro vibe from them. Jeremy doesn't give a crap about Damon. I can't really say how Damon feels about Jeremy. But I don't think he would be trying as hard if it wasn't for Elena.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamonbaby
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-09-21
Team : Bonnie/GoodStorytelling

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:59 pm

KrayBaby wrote:
In regards to Elena asking Stefan why he was with Rebekah when she tried to kill her. It was so funny because she was being a hypocrite. Caroline pretty much said the same thing about Damon. And to be honest, he has tried to kill every single person she cares about, and she still loves him, but I'm sure it was just her jealousy. I just found that funny though.

And about Damon, I have to disagree about bending rules just for him because they have had Caroline's dad be able to resist compulsion altogether and then Stefan resisted it as well last season. The show in general, bends rules IMO.

And about Damon knowing he was compelled was a bit odd. I thought Elena should have been the one to figure it out, but I guess they wanted to make Damon look good in this situation.

Also, he didn't remember that he was compelled, he just figured out he was because he knew he had no reason to hunt Jeremy down to kill him, so it was not far fetched or illogical to me--like it was to some others.

And as far as Damon and Jeremy. Hate the "pairing" of Deremy. It's nothing cute or aww about it. I just don't see how some people get some big bro/little bro vibe from them. Jeremy doesn't give a crap about Damon. I can't really say how Damon feels about Jeremy. But I don't think he would be trying as hard if it wasn't for Elena.

Wasn't Bill training himself to resist compulsion and I recall him saying something like that when he torture Caroline, so there was an explanation.

I meant the rules get bent because there was clear order that Damon shouldn't know what was going on all vampire before him who we seen being told to forget that never figure themselves they were compelled some else did and that to me is bending the rules as for some reason whenever it comes to Damon versus an original, rules such as strength don't apply to him like I repeat it make no sense he was able to beat up an alert Kol at the party and it is far fetch that he after being told he can't say anything or remembers not only remembers but tells people what's going on, and how it was played didn't seem as if he was resisting that command it looks as if the writers just forgot what they wrote as it seem no struggle on his part there as I seen with others, I guess what I am getting at is we seen others who do resist and fail struggled with it whereas Damon seemingly did not struggle.

BTW I do think they did that to make Damon look good and as if he really does care about Jeremy. My problem with Deremy is the writers are trying act like Jeremy has no real reason for his dislike and opinion about Damon (it my same issues for them not addressing Caroline's problems with Damon). Deremy to me is not real if Damon's past transgressions are not discussed. I dislike that the writers are not bothering to logically mend those relationships.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 104
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:20 am

Yes, he said he trained himself to fight it. But what we knew of compulsion was that unless you were on vervain you could be compelled.

The thing about Damon's compulsion is that Kol said you won't remember him telling him to kill Jeremy, he never told him not to say anything so I'm not sure where you are getting that from? He figured it out that Kol must of compelled him, it's not far fetched IMO because he knows he was just with Kol and that Kol wanted to take Jeremy out, and Damon had no reason to want to kill Jeremy because he needs him. So, for me, it's not illogical and no rules were bent because he didn't remember at all. But I do agree, that it would have been better had Elena figured it out.

And as far as beating up Kol, Caroline beat up Damon twice. So, no rules aren't bent just for Damon's sake, they are bent for everyone's sake as its needed in the story. Just like Stefan not being able to save Elena and Matt, then we find out in early season 4, that vamps don't do well with water--again story bent for storyline purposes. So, yes, while the rules have been bent for Damon, they have also been bent for others as well is all I'm saying. Oh, and Damon not really struggling with killing Jeremy? He did struggle with it, not much, but he did. If he hadn't Jeremy would have not made it out of the tunnels.

At the end of the day, Damon couldn't fight it off, not even for his precious Elena. Stefan, however, did resist compulsion but had to be compelled 3 times in order for it to really take affect, and I think that says a lot.

And the Deremy bullcrap and Caroline stuff I completely agree with you on.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamonbaby
Vamp Elena
Vamp Elena
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-09-21
Team : Bonnie/GoodStorytelling

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:17 am

KrayBaby wrote:
Yes, he said he trained himself to fight it. But what we knew of compulsion was that unless you were on vervain you could be compelled.

The thing about Damon's compulsion is that Kol said you won't remember him telling him to kill Jeremy, he never told him not to say anything so I'm not sure where you are getting that from? He figured it out that Kol must of compelled him, it's not far fetched IMO because he knows he was just with Kol and that Kol wanted to take Jeremy out, and Damon had no reason to want to kill Jeremy because he needs him. So, for me, it's not illogical and no rules were bent because he didn't remember at all. But I do agree, that it would have been better had Elena figured it out.

And as far as beating up Kol, Caroline beat up Damon twice. So, no rules aren't bent just for Damon's sake, they are bent for everyone's sake as its needed in the story. Just like Stefan not being able to save Elena and Matt, then we find out in early season 4, that vamps don't do well with water--again story bent for storyline purposes. So, yes, while the rules have been bent for Damon, they have also been bent for others as well is all I'm saying. Oh, and Damon not really struggling with killing Jeremy? He did struggle with it, not much, but he did. If he hadn't Jeremy would have not made it out of the tunnels.

At the end of the day, Damon couldn't fight it off, not even for his precious Elena. Stefan, however, did resist compulsion but had to be compelled 3 times in order for it to really take affect, and I think that says a lot.

And the Deremy bullcrap and Caroline stuff I completely agree with you on.

i meant struggling figure out what was going on as isn't really compulsion just zombie behavio but I digress. As for his resistance in trying kill jeremy to me was not shot as well as when they showed Stefan's physical struggle (to the point he nearly try to stake himself) not to hurt Elena. All Damon's resistance was just him yelling to remind Jeremy he is compelled and kill him (while ridiculing him too?). So that may be on the director for not showing us that more or maybe because this is just a lazy attempt to make Jeremy cool with Damon.

I am also going to call Elena's plan just stupid...how she going to say she is concern about Jeremy's welfare and then go send him after Kol. Jeremy has only practice on newborn vamps and Matt and he couldn't actually beat Damon (now I know some argue well Matt killed Finn but Matt also had help from Stefan and Elena). I am not giving Elena credit for a plan that lost his flavor last season as Kol is the only one making sense. Silas sounds like the devil and since when is raising the dead a good thing, have they forgotten their ghost visits.

Let's discuss the whole why are Bonnie's friends who are aware Shane can "compel" folks into sacrificing themselves and calm Jeremy's urge to murder vampires, okay with Bonnie spending time with him. How does anyone think it smart to let Bonnie be around him. Like I get that they really could careless with the romantic drama but you would think they would worry about how this could potentially hurt them like seriously he could be coaching Bonnie to sacrifice them for Silas too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KrayBaby
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 929
Join date : 2012-09-21
Age : 104
Team : Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Oh okay, well I do agree about that. It was a half assed attempt to fight the compulsion, I said that in my original opinion of the episode. Stefan's scene was much more emotional and overall better by a mile. But, Damon did try, like I said though--not very well. I still don't think Jeremy is all that cool on Damon though lol.

And Elena is definitely a dimwit this season. She makes absolutely no sense with her reasoning. I can understand her plan, but had Jeremy just killed the vamps in the bar when Klaus first said it then they probably wouldn't be in this mess with Damon being compelled. No one is really thinking logically now that I think about it, I love Jeremy, but he knew from the get go Klaus wasn't going to let him off the hook, but now he is all gung ho about killing vamps again. I just don't get it sometimes. I will say that no one knows about Silas raising the dead, but Shane, Hayley, and now Bonnie. I wonder what Bonnie will do with that information now? Will it be a driving force for her to raise Silas so she can see her Grams again? Hmm...

Haha, yea it's like the communication on this show is piss poor. Because no one knows all of the details but everyone has pieces of it. If they would stop going against each other so much and team up together like they used to and everyone bring what they know about all of this to the table then they may actually be able to get some shit done. But, at the same time I kind of like how everyone is pretty separated. I don't know lol, I guess I will just see how it plays out.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
roar33
Vamp Lexi
Vamp Lexi
avatar

Posts : 356
Join date : 2012-09-25
Age : 21
Location : Scotland
Team : Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:49 pm

I dont know why but i didnt really like this episode. I think i just found it quite predictable?
I really dont like 'dark bonnie'. So i dont think im going to like her storyline in the next few episodes Neutral
Im beginning to like Shame and i dont think hes that creppy anymore, haha! I really want him to get his wife & son back Smile
Loved Matt & Jeremys bromance, its just getting better and better Very Happy
I also liked that this episode wasnt totally centered around Elena, need more episodes like this Smile
But i still didnt like the episode for some reason, i hope next week is better bounce

_________________

I'm not your little bitch anymore!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]   

Back to top Go down
 
Episode 4x11 [Catch Me If You Can]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Vampire Diaries :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: